Sympathy for the devil?

stimpy

I've seen much today on the Internet regarding the things people would like to do to the lorry driver that took his truck over the Forth bridge, well half way across.

I've been thinking about this fella and wondering what he must be going through tonight. Just an ordinary bloke making a living, mortgage, wife, kids, car on finance and a dug, that took a chance in a moment of madness and it all went south.

He'll certainly lose his job and probably his licence, so no going off and getting a new start somewhere. Bills to pay, wife to appease, car to sell and the dug to kick. All the horrible things that were wished on him today he'd probably take in exchange for the reality of the situation.

OK he might be an absolute roaster who's in the pub right now laughing his cock off with his mates about being on the telly, but then again maybe he isn't.

I know, Saft as shite me.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rather than South, his vehicle went due east onto the tarmac.  

His job is to drive the lorry as his employer has asked him too.   Driving the lorry across the bridge is bellend stupidity.   He deserved to be fined and to lose his job.   

Would it have been so funny if his lorry toppled onto a family saloon, on their way to perthshire to find a better life ?  

6 minutes ago, Pearbuyerbell said:

Would it have been so funny if his lorry toppled onto a family saloon, on their way to perthshire to find a better life ?  

At 2 in the morning? Does Perthshire really need more junkies and ill kept children?

Rather than South, his vehicle went due east onto the tarmac.  

His job is to drive the lorry as his employer has asked him too.   Driving the lorry across the bridge is bellend stupidity.   He deserved to be fined and to lose his job.   

I never said and don't find any of this humorous, I was merely pointing out that he will receive his punishment and the implications of that punishment may well be far reaching.
Some of the stuff I read today was pretty vicious.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

At 2 in the morning? Does Perthshire really need more junkies and ill kept children?

It's excellent questions like this that make you a *must read*.   

People often mock me for suggesting that Perthshire is the heartbeat of Scotland, with Glasgow the damaged liver and Edinburgh the worthless appendix.  I don't think we need others into Perthshire.  Sure, people from Glasgow or Dundee are honest and hard working, but is that really what we need ?   

6 minutes ago, stimpy said:

I never said and don't find any of this humorous, I was merely pointing out that he will receive his punishment and the implications of that punishment may well be far reaching.

That's a good post.  It's very close to being a very good post....so well done.   

That's a good post.  It's very close to being a very good post....so well done.   

I feel like a slightly shambling old man vaguely smelling of rum and cigarettes has just ruffled my hair.

Yes, the lorry driver's a silly c*nt of a man, but part of me feels like those operating the Forth Road Bridge should take more responsibility. People just can't be trusted and the bridge operators should've learned a lesson last year or whenever it was the twat in the box van nearly blew over. They need to put some sort of drop-down barriers in place which prevent lorries or other high-sided vehicles from crossing when restrictions are in place, stopping stupid chancers like those I've mentioned.

1 minute ago, 8MileBU said:

Yes, the lorry driver's a silly c*nt of a man, but part of me feels like those operating the Forth Road Bridge should take more responsibility. People just can't be trusted and the bridge operators should've learned a lesson last year or whenever it was the twat in the box van nearly blew over. They need to put some sort of drop-down barriers in place which prevent lorries or other high-sided vehicles from crossing when restrictions are in place, stopping stupid chancers like those I've mentioned.

You threw faeces at another man and phoned a site owner for stuff claimed about Skidmarks.

No danger you should give advice to folk.

15 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Lorry driver was a junkie-alki IMO

I actually think 8mile deserves a bit of a break. 

Yes, he contacted the place of work of another poster because he's an utter scumbag. Yeah he may have made up a story about scooping shite out his own anus and lobbing it at a friend. Ok he may hide at the corner table of fast food restaurants and photograph young boys. And yeah he may assault homeless women in the street in front of his terrified daughter but he is really trying so hard to be liked now. 

Begging the site owner for one final chance because he can't live without this forum takes a staggering lack of backbone and for this I think people should lay off him a bit. 

I actually think 8mile deserves a bit of a break. 

Yes, he contacted the place of work of another poster because he's an utter scumbag. Yeah he may have made up a story about scooping shite out his own anus and lobbing it at a friend. Ok he may hide at the corner table of fast food restaurants and photograph young boys. And yeah he may assault homeless women in the street in front of his terrified daughter but he is really trying so hard to be liked now. 

Begging the site owner for one final chance because he can't live without this forum takes a staggering lack of backbone and for this I think people should lay off him a bit. 

I wish I could double greenie this

1 hour ago, 8MileBU said:

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

Dreary fucking me.  What a dreadful post.

Power Rangers Unite!

90s power rangers mighty mohin power rangers go power rangers

Hang on, so you think the people that told him not to do exactly what he did are at least partially to blame? I half appreciate where you're coming from but f**k sake, idiots are going to idiot. They put safety restrictions in place, he ignored them and found out exactly why they put them in place...they can't be held responsible at all for the actions of this boy.

1 hour ago, throbber said:

I agree with what 8 mile said. I also wonder why the guy crossed and whether he was getting a hard time off his bosses and felt under pressure to ignore the warning. 

I've always wondered if UPS should make their vans so distinctive, because they must put their drivers under pressure and every one of them drives like a c**t.

I agree with what 8 mile said. I also wonder why the guy crossed and whether he was getting a hard time off his bosses and felt under pressure to ignore the warning. 

I agree that there could definitely be other factors that impacted the guys decision but that's not the fault of the people who issued the safety warning and put the restrictions in place and I don't understand how they can be to blame here?

Archived