Glasgow Harp

active8

2 hours ago, Disco30 said:

Not playing cludeo , but if your making out your impartial and having a neutral perspective on the situation then it's going to be picked up on. Existing committee member or new gaffer perhaps ?

11 minutes ago, coach said:

John Crooks and John Jack won the Caley League title and reached the semi-finals

of the Scottish Cup. From what I hear he has left Maryhill Juniors. Not confirmed if

he has gone back to Glasgow Harp.

He is back at harp...and I wish him all best!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know the ins and outs of the situation but Glasgow Harp has always been a great club, run by a very passionate and committed committee.

I know Joe the previous manager and John the new manger.

Joe a good guy and has done a great job rebuilding the team back from the position they were in and im sure would have continued to take the club forward, and I'm sure won't be short of offers.

John is also a good guy who had a great playing career and is highly respected. I'm surprised he has never taken on a junior job with his reputation at that level. Not to long ago shared a few over 35's game with him he can still play. Iam sure he will use the foundation Joe has set and continue to take the club forward. 

I would to like to wish Joe all the best for the future, and John and the Harp the same for the rest of the season 

15 hours ago, coach said:

John Crooks and John Jack won the Caley League title and reached the semi-finals

of the Scottish Cup. From what I hear he has left Maryhill Juniors. Not confirmed if

he has gone back to Glasgow Harp.

That was a superb team. One of the best I seen at amateur level in recent years and no money flying about either. A proper amateur team. 

So basically the manager that got them back up to the prem and steadied the ship has been punted for a previous successful manager who the board must think is better?

Poor show from the harp if thats true. Watched them a couple of times last season and seen them play in pre season this year. Good side who have done well this season.

So basically the manager that got them back up to the prem and steadied the ship has been punted for a previous successful manager who the board must think is better?
Poor show from the harp if thats true. Watched them a couple of times last season and seen them play in pre season this year. Good side who have done well this season.

That's what it sounds like, but dennistoun says that the management team called it a day. I'm going with there was a falling out with committee and management and the management quit. If this is the case then it's not really a poor show from the Harp.

Just cause was successful last time doesn't mean will be this time around. Vast majority of that team have moved on. Will he stick with the same players or try to bring some of those players back. New managers always like to bring in 1 or 2. 

Been reading a lot about what's been going on up at the harp, everybody seems to have an opinion on this,

I'll set the record straight here,

I was a harp fan and started going to watch them when the manager took over last year. I was also at a lot of their games this year as well. 
I'm led to believe the management had enough of the committee poking their nose in where it's not wanted, 
Last season everything was hunky dory, this season the expectation levels were raised and due to what they achieved that's when the committee started poking their nose in,

Committee members changing pitches, cancelling pitches,
Getting involved with team affairs, 

What they achieved in the 1st season was quiet incredible considering,
Going on and winning the league in their 1st season getting promotion was fantastic. It's just a pity they didn't see the season out but I can totally understand their decision.

What everyone doesn't know and fail to realise is last season when the management took over they turned up at preseason and had 4 players, 
When a new manager takes over a team they usually have a platform to work with at least a team and then they add to it,
Not in this case, 
The committee were ready for taking a season out of football, no players no where to go, 
In stepped Joe and his team of Andy and John,
They told them not to take the season out that they'd get players in and they did just that.
The committee told them their expectations for the season was just to survive.
Knowing Joe survival wasn't good enough. 
His reply I'm going to win the league.
I watched from the side and I don't think he fielded the same team 2 weeks in a row,
He told me he went through 50+ players to win the league,

This season Joe signed some quality players and it was looking good at preseason, 
They started the season with some great results then had some really bad ones, 
In my eyes he was still adjusting to life in the premier league,
Standing at the side I could see where the bad results were coming from, to much negativity from some fans and the committee, 
I heard committee members slaughtering players when they made mistakes saying they weren't good enough for the premier  etc,
What they seem to forget those were the players that won them the league the season before and got them the promotion,
After that some of the players left and I can totally understand why, he was also let down by some of his so called bigger players not turning in for training etc.

Knowing joe he'll be back soon and any team out there will be lucky to have him on board!!

All the best joe and his team!!!

3 hours ago, TimMcVeigh said:

It was the manager that walked away though?

From what I'm led to believe the management had no choice but to walk away. If a committee is taking exception to some stuff this year when a manager has been successful the season previously then it's all in bad taste if u ask me. Every team needs a strong committee that's for sure but they shouldn't be interfering with what a managers trying to do just my opinion. For better or worse we will see how it pans out this year for them.

From what I'm led to believe the management had no choice but to walk away. If a committee is taking exception to some stuff this year when a manager has been successful the season previously then it's all in bad taste if u ask me. Every team needs a strong committee that's for sure but they shouldn't be interfering with what a managers trying to do just my opinion. For better or worse we will see how it pans out this year for them.

No other choice m8

It's a shame that it ended the way it did and if the committee were interfering then the manager probably done the right thing in walking. Reading about Joe, he seems like a stand up guy so hopefully he gets back involved in the game soon.

8 minutes ago, TimMcVeigh said:

It's a shame that it ended the way it did and if the committee were interfering then the manager probably done the right thing in walking. Reading about Joe, he seems like a stand up guy so hopefully he gets back involved in the game soon.

Defo from having a good season and getting promoted last year to the mess it's turned into must have been a build up of things.

''They aren't good enough players for The Premier''. You can tell the committee members are dinosaurs. The Caledonian isn't like old times when the First Division was full of poor teams, with the additions in recent years and teams improving, there's many teams who are stuck in the First Division who can't get out due to the structure, that are better than a good few of the teams who do no more than survive each season in The Premier by the skin of their teeth. Some of the First Division teams are having the best runs in the marjos in recent seasons - Broomhouse and EKYM for instance.

There's at least 6-8 teams in the First Divisions who could come into The Premier no problem and hold their own.

Archived