Gateshead 1-1 Kilmarnock

15 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Congratulations to Gateshead on joining the SPFL.

There was talk of them actually applying to join the Scottish set up a number of years ago.

Around about the time Meadowbank were elected iirc

Arriving home from the box at Manchester United at quarter past one in the morning

Couldn't get past that first sentence. It's awful. Could have went for, "At quarter past one I arrived home from Old Trafford." 

I know you wanted to shoehorn in the fact you'd been in a "box," but no-one gives a f**k and it makes your sentence clumsy. 

1 hour ago, whiskychimp said:

Arriving home from the box at Manchester United at quarter past one in the morning

Couldn't get past that first sentence. It's awful. Could have went for, "At quarter past one I arrived home from Old Trafford." 

I know you wanted to shoehorn in the fact you'd been in a "box," but no-one gives a f**k and it makes your sentence clumsy. 

A bizarre reaction to a sentence that reads reasonably well. 

2 hours ago, whiskychimp said:

Have went? 

3 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Is that not Wigan you're thinking of?  I'm sure they tried to join the Scottish league set-up while they were non-league around that time.

No. it wasn't Wigan. (I'm not saying they didn't apply, but it's not them I'm thinking of.)

3 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

No. it wasn't Wigan. (I'm not saying they didn't apply, but it's not them I'm thinking of.)

It was possibly South Shields renamed as Gateshead United who applied to join in 1974. Found this on Scottish Football Historical Archive. http://www.scottish-football-historical-archive.co.uk/sflelections.htm  

9 hours ago, Eednud said:

It was possibly South Shields renamed as Gateshead United who applied to join in 1974. Found this on Scottish Football Historical Archive. http://www.scottish-football-historical-archive.co.uk/sflelections.htm  

Yes! That rings a bell too.

I think there was talk of Wigan at one time but I don't think they applied.

Archived