Aberdeen Football Club (1881) / same club?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Booker-T said:

It's well known that Aberdeen FC formed in 1903 following the merger of 3 clubs.

There really should be a thread to discuss how one's club should not be coterminous with its associated company registration.

I'm sure it would make for a lively discussion.

6 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

That's ludicrous.  Absolutely everyone knows club =/= company.  I'd reckon it'd run to 3 pages tops.

Legal entities embarking on a legally binding merger is a very different situation to a legal entity being created and swallowing up the assets of a defunct legal entity. Would you agree?

12 hours ago, jmothecat said:

I'm a Victoria fan, wouldn't catch me dead supporting the original Aberdeen. Totally different club.

Mergers are a c**t. I still can't find the level of enthusiasm for the sport since Caley stopped playing. Even winning the big cup wasn't as good as watching an HFL title being lifted or even a qualifying cup being held aloft.

The highlight of being an ICT supporter was beating Celtic in the cup semi final and Caledonian beating Airdrieonians at Telford St was far better than that.

54 minutes ago, stonedsailor said:

Legal entities embarking on a legally binding merger is a very different situation to a legal entity being created and swallowing up the assets of a defunct legal entity. Would you agree?

Probably best not to bring up this latest catastropost from himself.

Very embarrassing for the old dud.

45 minutes ago, stonedsailor said:

Mergers are a c**t. I still can't find the level of enthusiasm for the sport since Caley stopped playing. Even winning the big cup wasn't as good as watching an HFL title being lifted or even a qualifying cup being held aloft.

The highlight of being an ICT supporter was beating Celtic in the cup semi final and Caledonian beating Airdrieonians at Telford St was far better than that.

There must have been similarly grumpy former Orion supporters around a century ago.

It's the same Club - FACT

If you try to take away our 1888 Aberdeenshire Cup win we will march on Hampden - NO SURRENDER

Aberdeen FC 1881 - PRESENT 

Aberdeen now, Aberdeen then, Aberdeen Forever!!!!111one

What should have happened was Aberdeen and Victoria merged to form Bon Accord Caledonian Thistle and Orion should have renamed themselves Aberdeen Shamrock Harps so that we could have had a proper rivalry like other cities have,

8 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Proof, if it was ever needed, that mergers are the way forward in Scottish football. Angus clubs take note.

Indeed lets hope that Rangers, Celtic and Partick Thistle merge so we don't have to go weegieville that often!

What should have happened was Aberdeen and Victoria merged to form Bon Accord Caledonian Thistle and Orion should have renamed themselves Aberdeen Shamrock Harps so that we could have had a proper rivalry like other cities have,

Doesn't the Grey City already have 'the wee Rangers'?
Or is Cove Bay too far to travel for most Dorics.

Archived