Alloa v Pars

Stellaboz

How many away fans are allowed into The Recs these days?
Can see us needing to be there early if it's PATG

A rough guess would be around 1500-1800. Terracing at the railway end holds quite a bit and the gazebo holds just over 500. They usually have people standing both sides of the gazebo as well.

I reckon Goodwin will play himself on Saturday. I'd take a replay right now.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BigMartyn86 said:

A rough guess would be around 1500-1800. Terracing at the railway end holds quite a bit and the gazebo holds just over 500. They usually have people standing both sides of the gazebo as well.

I think for the all ticket games in the Championship we tended to keep 1000 tickets and give the rest to to the away support? That would mean 2000 or so given the 3100 capacity. 

Think we'll bring a reasonable crowd.

We've not lost any game since the 12th November and are starting to look like the Championship team we are....Potential promotion play-off contenders....

I hate Geggan at right back but can't see AJ changing the current team or bench unless there's injury or suspension....

Going to go 3-1 Pars with Clark, Higgy and Moffat for us...Spence with a consolation for the Wasps.....

Am I right in suggesting that supermarket car parking fines have been found to be unenforceable anyway? I'm sure I've heard that you just ignore the letters and there's nothing the collection agency can do.

On 1/17/2017 at 10:03, BigMartyn86 said:

Goodwin v Wedderburn would be a decent clash. 

I'm still thawing out from Saturday's game and it has put me off going to this (getting soft in my old age). 

9 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Am I right in suggesting that supermarket car parking fines have been found to be unenforceable anyway? I'm sure I've heard that you just ignore the letters and there's nothing the collection agency can do.

Yup that would be correct....Non enforceable in Scotland as long as you don't enter into ANY correspondence with the company :)

After our early season form most teams in the league have set up to be very compact and have plenty men behind the ball, especially at the recs and we've struggled to break them down despite having plenty of the ball.

Hopefully facing a Dunfermline team who'll push players forward and attack more will leave gaps for us to exploit. We're more than capable as we showed at the start of the season.

2 hours ago, pencils said:

After our early season form most teams in the league have set up to be very compact and have plenty men behind the ball, especially at the recs and we've struggled to break them down despite having plenty of the ball.

Hopefully facing a Dunfermline team who'll push players forward and attack more will leave gaps for us to exploit. We're more than capable as we showed at the start of the season.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

We're by far at best counter attacking.

Stellaboz is right. I wouldn't expect Pars to be much different to what you normally face (only with a bit more firepower than League One teams). Pleasing thing for me recently is that we're creating and scoring the sort of goals we were getting against League One teams - mugging them in the middle of the park and then swamping them with a pacy attack. With guys like Ashcroft and Geggan we have an aerial threat too from set pieces. We look a tough side to break down just now. Strong bench too. 

Archived