Alloa v Pars

Stellaboz

Dunfermline best team i have seen Alloa play this season , that includes the prem teams we dumped out of the cup, well deserved win , positives to take from the game ?

we never give up it is a good trait ,

new signings mckeown and mcluskey look good ! mcluskey must start next game , good luck in the next round pars !

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I hope the youth in Alloa that thought it alright to grab an eleven year olds scarf, and bolt, enjoys it. Nephew was so stunned that he didn't shout and only told me once we'd walked another 50 yards and round a corner.

Was unlikely to be a Wasps fan as was running towards the stadium from Alloa direction after the game.

Strange game - we totally bossed it in the first half and other than a wee toe poke that Murdoch did well to get down to I can't remember Alloa threatening at all, while we scored two quite fortunate goals (one a food finish after Reilly couldn't score and the other a cross that nobody got a touch to and ended up curling in) and looked really comfortable. Some of the passing was crisp and Wedderburn was spoiling things the other way. 

In the second half it was a bit more even as we took our foot off the gas but we still created a fee good openings and when Cardle scored it looked well over. Credit to Alloa for getting something back from a well worked goal then when the second went in after about the most bizarre offside call you're ever likely to see there were one or two who might have been worried but it would have been a travesty had we not went through on the day. 

Hopefully Stirling/Clyde or Ayr/Queens Park at home next, although St Johnstone, St Mirren, Hamilton or Ross County at home would be a tie where we'd have a decent chance of making it through.

Final scoreline masks what wasn't a great Alloa performance. Managers make decisions and if they work they are inspired and if they don't they take stick - but I really didn't agree with dropping Marr and going with a new pairing at CB when we're up against a team with plenty attacking options. Two soft goals conceded in a poor first half from Alloa. Third goal at least was a great strike. At that point I was dreading a real drubbing but fair play to the boys, they scored an excellent goal and almost got another straight after. Shame the 2nd came so late as Dunfermline's defence didn't really impress under pressure. 

The team did well to battle on at 3-0 and McCluskey looked promising. McKeown overall did fine. Hopefully the team can build on the positive finish to the game and try and get on a run in the league. The early season form and results were never going to be sustainable but we have gone too far the other way and the team needs to do a bit better.

I thought the Pars looked really good at times today. For all they wobbled a bit at the end they were still clearly the better team. Good luck to them in the next round and for the rest of the season.

My old boy scooped the half time draw, makes up for most defeats :)

Good game today although i thought we were better second half than in the first half, murdochs save from kev in the first half was a cracker and kept you in the game at 0-0.

Have to agree with jim on swapping frank for jason as he has cost us 6 points in the last few weeks.

You have improved slightly since our last competitive meetings [emoji6].

Your front pairing and joe cardle probably being the difference on the day.

2 minutes ago, falkirkwasp said:

Have to agree with jim on swapping frank for jason as he has cost us 6 points in the last few weeks.

yep , will do jason no harm to reflect on this, maybe the players who are usually first on the team sheet and expect to be named

need a wee kick up the a*se now and then, stops them from getting complacent perhaps .

yep , will do jason no harm to reflect on this, maybe the players who are usually first on the team sheet and expect to be named
need a wee kick up the a*se now and then, stops them from getting complacent perhaps .

Yeah i think so aswell, it lookes to me that parry could have done better for the 2nd goal aswell, so maybe its time for mcdowall for a shot between the sticks, we are being punished for every mistake we make so why not.

Yeah i think so aswell, it lookes to me that parry could have done better for the 2nd goal aswell, so maybe its time for mcdowall for a shot between the sticks, we are being punished for every mistake we make so why not.

Time out lad. Read that post again! Drop Neil?! He made numerous great saves today & the second goal I suppose he could take some blame but one of the three defenders should have hooked that away rather than leaving it for the next person.

Time out lad. Read that post again! Drop Neil?! He made numerous great saves today & the second goal I suppose he could take some blame but one of the three defenders should have hooked that away rather than leaving it for the next person.

Lad [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23], you got that right LAD..goin on about how many clean sheets hes had now he hasnt had any for weeks?? Thats the reason we have back ups when people arent performing!

Lad [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23], you got that right LAD..goin on about how many clean sheets hes had now he hasnt had any for weeks?? Thats the reason we have back ups when people arent performing!

We're hardly in a crisis that needs chopping and changing every position. Parry has started all 32 or so games and has been a stand out IMO. Last season we chopped and changed keeper every week and it was disastrous, I know we have two better keepers but still. Consistency & confidence is needed.

29 minutes ago, falkirkwasp said:

maybe blame parry  but as said before whole defence was to blame for that one ! we do not have a better keeper on our books so he stays in , cannot fault his commitment!

The better team won . We can't wait till we are behind every week before we start playing 

2nd goal just on ht killed us .

Clean sheets are key to the rest of our season. We need to start next week simple 

Good luck to the pars next round !

Fair enough that I missed the game last week but after 5/6 years of outstanding service from Marr you shouldn't go dropping him. Schoolboy mistakes from us at times but he is still a great centre back.

Well done to the pars fans at 3-0 up for starting a fight in The Station followed by sticking the nut into a young lad having a fag outside and three of them jumping him.

Archived