Alloa v Pars

Stellaboz

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morrisons is closer, but I think they've all established those 2hr maximum stay thresholds. Nobody's complained on here about being ticketed on match days, though, so maybe the companies the supermarkets use haven't cottoned on to that potential windfall.

There's plenty of parking all over the town, though - see here for the local free parking spots. Everything's within a ten minute walk of the Recs.

Peppes is probably the furthest pub in alloa from the recs..
It isn't all that good either.

I recommend The Station or The Star.

If looking for food the Old brewery which has a big screen for live sports or there is a wetherspoons in the town centre as well

2 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Stay clear of Crams, Pars fans  :whistle 

numpties.jpg

Its the size of my living room, like most Alloa pubs it is an ecclectic mix of jakeys, pensioners and neds.

I live in Alloa now but rarely drink in it, most of the older pubs in the town fall into that bracket, if you are going for a pre match shandy your best bet would the Old Brewery or Bobbing John, both brewers fare/weatherspoons type establisments, new builds, quite cheap and mostly scumbag free if a bit bland.

39 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Its the size of my living room, like most Alloa pubs it is an ecclectic mix of jakeys, pensioners and neds.

I live in Alloa now but rarely drink in it, most of the older pubs in the town fall into that bracket, if you are going for a pre match shandy your best bet would the Old Brewery or Bobbing John, both brewers fare/weatherspoons type establisments, new builds, quite cheap and mostly scumbag free if a bit bland.

I can occasionally be found absorbing calories in the Spoons, so bang goes that theory.

There's a Celtic top in Sense Scotland at the moment, BTW. Just in case you were interested.

You're really criticising the pubs in Alloa whilst recommending peppes?

Peppes isn't the worst pub I've ever been in but it's not somewhere id frequent either. It's known to be the local "Celtic pub" and anytime I've been in there's been at least one or two jakeys sipping there pints.

The other pubs mentioned are all okay and also the Thistle just next to the bus station isn't bad.

Was being sarcastic about Peppes, its no better or worse than the other 'old' pubs in Alloa.

The local Celtic buses leave from there but they told the punters to stop wearing colours in the bar area, Mike Mulraney owns it now but they have the odd 'Irish band' in the function room through the back. I occasionaly have a drink before or after the football in there but wouldnt call myself a regular. The Thistle, Crams, The Primrose and The Star are all much the same, okay wee boozers but with a tendency to attract the odd nut job but I guess thats Alloa for you.

10 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

How many seats does your wee gazebo hold? My old man needs a seat and I remember it being quite wee when we were through there before. 

It holds just over 500.

I think we'd have been very confident about winning this game earlier in the season. Not so much now, but we should still be capable of making a decent fight of it and causing the Pars a few problems. 

Are Dunfermline likely to bring a good crowd? Alas our prices don't encourage local people to come along for one off games as they might have done in the past, but hopefully there will be a decent turnout and a good contest. Alloa - Dunfermline is a cup tie with a fine pedigree. 

Thanks @Waspie. I think there will be a good crowd through from Dunfermline - we're unbeaten in 9, up to 5th in the table and above the Wee team, it's only a short bus ride along the road and despite it being almost a derby it's not a game that has been played much recently (those two play off games never actually happened). I think the Pars end will be pretty full so hopefully you have all your turnstiles open and I'll be heading to the Rec pretty early to get a seat for me and my old man. A lot of Pars fans are actually surprised it's not all ticket tbh. Hopefully it's are good crowd and are good cup tie.

Can't possibly be any worse for us than that playoff first leg game. Getting schooled by Simmons - ouch. The surface should suit our front players too. I think we won all but one of our games on plastic last season and on Saturday the bobbly pitch was probably a bigger problem to our forwards than St Mirren's defenders. 

Archived