The NFL 2017 Draft

lichtie23

On 23/04/2017 at 19:53, lichtie23 said:

Who is staying up for the 1st round?

Think I might have another go at livestreaming during it. Heavy fantasy spin on things, but obviously talk about the rest of the picks as well when they come up. Y'all can follow me on twitter @TheStewDog if youre interested. I'll post something up there if i decide to do it or not

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have Friday booked off. Think Sky are showing the second day too, although I'm off to Blackburn fairly early on Saturday so not sure if I'll catch it.

Who do you think will be the top 5 picks in the Draft?

I'll go for:-

1) Myles Garrett DE Browns
2) Solomon Thomas DE/DT 49ers
3) Marshon Lattimore CB Bears
4) Leonard Fournette RB Jaguars
5) Titans TRADE! Mitch Trubisky QB Browns

Not a chance the Browns trade up for a QB. Theyre doing things right nowadays. They didnt pick up all of those picks just to give them all away for someone no better than what they already have. Garrett and the dunderheed who failed his drugs test at the combine I reckon. Either that or the best remaining safety on the board

Not a chance the Browns trade up for a QB. Theyre doing things right nowadays. They didnt pick up all of those picks just to give them all away for someone no better than what they already have. Garrett and the dunderheed who failed his drugs test at the combine I reckon. Either that or the best remaining safety on the board

Reuben Foster? Yea I think that sounds good. Trubisky could easily fall to the 2nd........or be taken by the Jets at 6

Best Safety depends on what you want.

Pass coverage = Malik Hooker

Run Coverage = Jamal Adams

Think Trubisky and Watson will both go in the 1st Round. Sounds like Mahomes will too. Kizer seems to have slipped possibly to Round 2. 

CB Gareon Conley has been accused of rape, so may not be a 1st Rounder anymore....

With regards to drafting QB's, I'm getting more and more into the philosophy that it's about the "IT" factor. Leadership, motivation and all those intangible things that we can't see on tape.

Mahomes is certainly my favourite player to watch and he's grown up around professional sports so could develop quicker than anticipated. Jets are already in trouble so why not hand the keys to him and see what happens. Really not bullish on any of the rest to be honest.

2 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Reuben Foster? Yea I think that sounds good. Trubisky could easily fall to the 2nd........or be taken by the Jets at 6

Thats the one. Name slipped my mind.

Despite all the media scouts speculation that 5 QBs will go in round 1, I reckon we only see 2 this year and not very high. And im pretty confident saying it'll be Trubisky and Mahomes. With Trubisky Im not sure where - Id heard some rumours Buffalo had their heart set on him. Mahomes I think is a dead cert to go to Houston.

Kizer isnt close to being ready so I cant see him going round 1, and as much as I like DeShaun Watson I think his combine numbers hurt his draft stock (no NFL passer has had an average ball velocity as low as his. Lowest was 6mph above Watsons I believe...)

Buzzing for tonight. I fancy the Browns to take Garrett with 1 and Trubisky with 12. I personally prefer Watson due to his experience and winning of big games. Could see him being the Jets choice at 6. Giants wise I'd like to see either OJ Howard or David Njoku. We desperately need a Tight End who can stretch the field. Garson Conley will drop out the 1st round after the rape allegations. He will be a very good pick for someone in the 2nd/3rd/4th round.

The big rumours at the moment are that the Browns will trade with the Titans to get pick number 5 and take Trubisky there.

Meaning they are sure the Jets will take him at 6. I personally think they should wait another year for a QB. Rosen and Darnold look much better prospects. They can get some great defensive talent at 12

I'm sure I've heard every year since Luck came out that 'next year is better for QBs, X team should wait.' At some point these teams need to find QBs or it'll be a different coaching staff's problem. I'm looking at Houston, Jets, Browns in particular and thinking pull the fucking trigger already! 

(Yes I am frantically trying to justify the Goff pick last year) 

I should be hoping that Da Bears get some help in the Secondary; one of Lattimore, Adams or Hooker.

Somehow I would be more excited by one of the top Defensive Linemen though; maybe Solomon Thomas or Jonathan Allen. Garrett will be gone by pick 3, although he'd probably have to play as an OLB if he came to us anyway.

In some ways I'm more excited about the 2nd Round, see if any top QBs (maybe Kizer) fall that far, or an OT or TE maybe.

Talk now of Browns taking Trubisky at first and the Jaguars taking DeShaun Watson at four.

Not long ago people were speculating that there would be no QBs taken in the first round, now it's two in the top five!

Archived