The NFL 2017 Draft

lichtie23

What's everyone's thoughts on Joe Mixon? On any podcast I listen to, they say he is possibly the best running back in the draft, how would you feel if your team drafted him?

i think it's made worse by the fact the video is out there, there are plenty NFL players get up to some crazy shit but if it's not on tape it never seems as bad.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rumours today that the Browns aren't set on taking Garret as number one overall but that they might go for MItch Trubisky.

Seems bizarre as Garret is the consensus best player, I've not seen any mock that doesn't have him going first.

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

Rumours today that the Browns aren't set on taking Garret as number one overall but that they might go for MItch Trubisky.

Seems bizarre as Garret is the consensus best player, I've not seen any mock that doesn't have him going first.

QB is far and away the most important position. If there's a guy there you like, you need to bump him up a good few spots on your draft board. 

8 hours ago, Albertlegend said:

What's everyone's thoughts on Joe Mixon? On any podcast I listen to, they say he is possibly the best running back in the draft, how would you feel if your team drafted him?

i think it's made worse by the fact the video is out there, there are plenty NFL players get up to some crazy shit but if it's not on tape it never seems as bad.

*easily the best running back in the class. Honestly, what he done is nowhere near as bad as some other NFL players or even some other prospects in this class have done (whether theyve been charged or not). The NFL media will have you believe it was a domestic violence incident when it wasnt even close to that.

The TLDR version is that there were offensive insults traded between him and another man, a female friend of the man became aggressive toward Mixon - who stupidly responded by hitting her.

Just to clarify, Im not defending what he did, but reading the full details of the story it sounded like more of a heat of the moment situation than him being a bad person. The video being out there makes the NFL hate him because all they care about is perception, but personally I dont believe he's likely to reoffend and he hasnt exactly had a history of crime.

From what Ive heard, the Raiders are really really keen on him. Id be surprised if he made it back to them in the 2nd round, but I wouldnt rule them out of trading out of the first and picking him up earlier

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Smokescreen. Same thing the Rams done last year when everyone knew they were taking Goff. It forces San Francisco to devote at least some effort to a draft strategy where Garrett is available to them.

Im not even convinced that Trubisky is the best QB in this class, if he is I think it puts him marginally ahead of their pick last year of Cody Kessler.

theyre not 1 piece away from making the playoffs, so it would be ridiculous of them to devote all of these resources to strengthening the team as a whole with all these young players and picks and basically building for the future to then piss it away by not picking the best player available to them.

23 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

This on TV? Sky? Probably only watch it on the Thursday night, time will it be on here again?

Was it just last year that all the drama had happened with a video of someone smoking marijuana on twitter???

It's going to be live on SKy, I assume the first round will be on one of the channels, the rest on Mix or red button.

2 hours ago, NathanQP said:

I've never sat up and watched it, how long does the 1st round usually take.

Its great when other folks sit up and chat about it with you. Love a bit of draft drama

2 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Reuben Foster failed a drugs test at the combine.

Absolute fucking knucklehead

Failed the idiot test, twice. Im now certain he'll be a bust for whoever decides to draft him

Archived