The NFL 2017 Draft

lichtie23

Theres no question, hes easily the best player in the draft. People read too much in to players wanting to play for a specific team. They are allowed to be fans as well y'know. Plenty of players have said the same thing, even on draft day and its forgotten about almost immediately.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Compensatory Draft picks for the 2017 Draft have been announced. 

Third round

Round Choice/Overall Selection

33rd pick of third round; 97th overall: Miami

34th pick of third round; 98th overall: Carolina

35th pick of third round; 99th overall: Baltimore

36th pick of third round; 100th overall: Los Angeles Rams

37th pick of third round; 101st overall: Denver

38th pick of third round; 102nd overall: Seattle

39th pick of third round; 103rd overall: Cleveland

40th pick of third round; 104th overall: Kansas City

41st pick of third round; 105th overall: Pittsburgh

42nd pick of third round; 106th overall: Seattle

43rd pick of third round; 107th overall: New York Jets

Fourth round

32nd pick of fourth round; 138th overall: Cincinnati

33rd pick of fourth round; 139th overall: Cleveland

35th pick of fourth round; 141st overall: Los Angeles Rams

36th pick of fourth round; 142nd overall: Cleveland

37th pick of fourth round; 143rd overall: San Francisco

38th pick of fourth round; 144th overall: Indianapolis

Fifth round

33rd pick of fifth round; 178th overall: Cincinnati

34th pick of fifth round; 179th overall: Denver

35th pick of fifth round; 180th overall: Miami

36th pick of fifth round; 181st overall: Arizona

37th pick of fifth round; 182nd overall: Kansas City

38th pick of fifth round; 183rd overall: Cleveland

39th pick of fifth round; 184th overall: Green Bay

40th pick of fifth round; 185th overall: New England

41st pick of fifth round; 186th overall: Miami

Sixth round

33rd pick of the sixth round; 218th overall: Kansas City

34th pick of the sixth round; 219th overall: Cincinnati

35th pick of the sixth round; 220th overall: Kansas City

Seventh round

33rd pick of the seventh round; 253rd overall: Cincinnati

34th pick of the seventh round; 254th overall: Denver

35th pick of the seventh round; 255th overall: Denver

Running backs on show at the combine today. Keen to see how Samaje Perine follows up his crazy bench press results with the speed drills. Could give him a mega boost if he doesnt post a slow 40/3 cone time. Expecting to see good things from the usual Cook and Fournette, but the rest of the class is a bit of a mystery

9 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

They did the bench press yesterday. McCaffrey managed 10 while lowest went to San Diego States Donell Pumphery with 5

Yeah i think everyone does the weigh in, interviews and bench press on he same days. Not surprising considering McCaffery is a glorified shane vereen and Pumphrey weighs about the same as my right arse cheek 

McCaffrey is my favourite RB in this draft. Not as powerful or explosive as Fournette, but he has great vision and patience to set up his blockers and is an excellent receiver. He can do it all.

Said it a few times but for some reason I just can't take to mccaffrey. Fournette is a fucking beast but don't think he's got too long a career in him, pretty injury prone is he not?

Wish I could remember players better must've watched nearly every college game on BT last year and struggling putting names to players.

I'm with GingerSaint here I love McCaffrey as well, He won't be the best RB in this Draft but if he ends up on a team that will use him properly he'll be excellent, Patriots or the Bucs would be a decent fit for him. If he goes to the Broncos I'll be gutted. 

I'm with GingerSaint here I love McCaffrey as well, He won't be the best RB in this Draft but if he ends up on a team that will use him properly he'll be excellent, Patriots or the Bucs would be a decent fit for him. If he goes to the Broncos I'll be gutted. 

Just seen a video of him today and it was very impressive.

He would fit the Patriots absolutely perfectly

19 hours ago, GingerSaint said:

McCaffrey is my favourite RB in this draft. Not as powerful or explosive as Fournette, but he has great vision and patience to set up his blockers and is an excellent receiver. He can do it all.

I just cant get on board with him, I dont see the vision as a runner and between the tackles he's mediocre at best. If Im wrong then I'll hold my hands up, but i dont think hes anything special. So many more talented guys in the class

I just cant get on board with him, I dont see the vision as a runner and between the tackles he's mediocre at best. If Im wrong then I'll hold my hands up, but i dont think hes anything special. So many more talented guys in the class

If take Fournette ahead of him but still think he is a very talented player.

1 hour ago, Stewbo said:

McCaffrey had a lot more decisions to make behind the line of scrimmage than Fournette for example. The stretch zone running scheme of Stanford relied on him creating his own plays and that's something I value, especially having to watch the Jets terrible OL every week.  Also love that he returns punts/kicks and is willing to work out as a WR. Great attitude. 

19 hours ago, GingerSaint said:

McCaffrey had a lot more decisions to make behind the line of scrimmage than Fournette for example. The stretch zone running scheme of Stanford relied on him creating his own plays and that's something I value, especially having to watch the Jets terrible OL every week.  Also love that he returns punts/kicks and is willing to work out as a WR. Great attitude. 

So much of his rushing production came to the outside in space though, i just dont think he'll get that opportunity in the pros. Id probably like him a lot more as a receiver tbh, hes a really good pass catcher and route runner. I know no back is perfect in this class, but i like the role of about 8 of them over McCafferys. I just dont like betting on receiving backs after Duke Johnson let me down a couple years back

14 minutes ago, Stewbo said:

So much of his rushing production came to the outside in space though, i just dont think he'll get that opportunity in the pros. Id probably like him a lot more as a receiver tbh, hes a really good pass catcher and route runner. I know no back is perfect in this class, but i like the role of about 8 of them over McCafferys. I just dont like betting on receiving backs after Duke Johnson let me down a couple years back

I'd argue that Cleveland let down Duke Johnson! I'm still holding out hope.

9 hours ago, GingerSaint said:

I'd argue that Cleveland let down Duke Johnson! I'm still holding out hope.

Crowell and TP have done alright by them... :ph34r:

Archived