The NFL 2017 Draft

lichtie23

I'm a noob at the NFL let alone college football but I saw Clemson play a few times and Watson looked excellent.  Understand there's a big leap and different skills required to succeed in the NFL

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, GingerSaint said:

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2017/5/2/15505254/nfl-mock-draft-grades-myles-garrett-brad-kaaya

SB Nation reflects on their first 2017 mock draft where Brad Kaaya was number 2 overall. He was picked in the 6th Round.

I dont really see your point. Trubisky went #2, that doesnt mean he isnt garbage. Perception and talent are completely different things. Perception is much more fluid than talent is.

2 hours ago, Stewbo said:

I dont really see your point. Trubisky went #2, that doesnt mean he isnt garbage. Perception and talent are completely different things. Perception is much more fluid than talent is.

My point is people's opinions on QB's at this stage in the process are inaccurate and not to be trusted.

I hate the yearly trope that next year's QB class is better. It may very well be but the same phrase is trotted out year after year and it's lazy and ignorant.

My point is people's opinions on QB's at this stage in the process are inaccurate and not to be trusted.
I hate the yearly trope that next year's QB class is better. It may very well be but the same phrase is trotted out year after year and it's lazy and ignorant.

Last year's was pretty rubbish to be fair.

1 hour ago, GingerSaint said:

It only gets said when it's true though! That's what Im saying!

Nobody said it about last year, or the year after Luck and Griffin came out, and I dont even remember it being said during the Bortles/Manziel/Bridgewater year. It only gets said when there's some degree of truth to it. You can possibly think that this years group are worse than Goff and Wentz surely?

Just now, Stewbo said:

It only gets said when it's true though! That's what Im saying!

Nobody said it about last year, or the year after Luck and Griffin came out, and I dont even remember it being said during the Bortles/Manziel/Bridgewater year. It only gets said when there's some degree of truth to it. You can possibly think that this years group are worse than Goff and Wentz surely?

I have no clue to be honest with you. The QB position is clearly the most difficult to predict and last year's QB's certainly haven't had enough time to fully judge yet.

Archived