The NFL 2017 Draft

lichtie23

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some really weird moves in the first, looking forward to day 2 now. 

Some hot takes:

- Glennon will start every game this season for Chicago

- Dalvin Cooks character concerns are real (and cant block), he wont sign a second contract

- Corey Davis will be the only successful 1st round WR

- Jaguars pick a QB on day 2

- Bengals draft another1st round receiver next season, yet to realise theyh rarely pick anything but hot trash at that position...

- Browns take a pair of corner backs  on day 2, and finish this season with a better record than Bengals and Ravens.

Catching up on this, not surprised to see Lions add a linebacker.

Interesting night for the Browns, obviously they didn't fancy a QB after all or only wanted Trubisky.

ETA - it does show you how key the QB position is that a few months ago people were pretty sniffy about this years QBs and now three have gone in the first 20 odd picks. Surprised at how few corners went, that was generally considered the deepest class in the stuff I saw. Obviously that means teams let their targets sink a bit lower due to depth.

For the sake of waiting 10 minutes in the first round by trading 2nd spot to the Bears for 3rd, the 49ers got an extra 3rd and 4th Round pick this year and an extra 3rd round pick next year.

The Niners simply owned the Bears there. Ended up with the player they wanted, plus three other decent picks. I have no idea why the Bears did that. Obviously they were convinced the Niners wanted a QB, but still, he's a mid range prospect at best.

While I'm not an expert on college players so I can't really comment on quality, I'm glad we've drafted a QB but considering Mayock had us drafting him anyway much further down the board it seems like an expensive trade.

The Browns now have both our 1st and 2nd round picks for next year... 

Just looking at the picks the Browns have for this year and next is crazy:

5 Firsts, 4 Seconds, 2 Thirds, 2 Fourths, 4 Fifths, 4 Sixths and a seventh. f**k me.

The Niners simply owned the Bears there. Ended up with the player they wanted, plus three other decent picks. I have no idea why the Bears did that. Obviously they were convinced the Niners wanted a QB, but still, he's a mid range prospect at best.

The only thing I can think is that another team, most likely the Browns, were also bidding for the number three pick and we went way overboard ensuring that we outbid them.

To be fair, it was probably mind games but the niners were bumping their gums about how any team needs a superstar QB to win the SB. I suspect they absolutely played the Bears.

13 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Surely the Browns will at least be competent for a season or so within the next decade?

8-8 is the dream? :ph34r:

Hoping Da Bears pick an OT or player in the Secondary in the second round.

Failing that; Defensive Line or TE. 

I did think after the run on QBs (was it 3 in the top 12?), that Kizer may sneak into the first round.

Looking like a great draft so far for the 49ers. 

Six defensive ends

Five linebackers

Five cornerbacks

Three tight ends

Three quarterbacks

Three wide receivers

Three safeties 

Two running backs

Two offensive tackles

Archived