The NFL 2017 Draft

lichtie23

With the College season now in the books it's time to look to the draft.

The 2017 NFL Draft will be the 82nd annual meeting of National Football League franchises to select newly eligible football players. It is scheduled to be held in Philadelphia from April 27 to 29, returning to the city for the first time since 1961.

The Cleveland Browns are on the clock

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, List_of_Jericho said:

Would imagine Watson will be hot property following that end to the season.

Early 2nd round at best.  Questions about his physical attributes - including (not sure how)his height and arm strength.  Also history of injuries including already one ACL tear.  

Saying that, there are teams that need a QB and of course still got the combine

QBs always get projected outside the first and then there ends up being 3 or 4 taken in the first round. Kizer, Watson and Trubisky will all go in the first, probably top 10.

Trubisky tipped to be the 1st QB off the board. Can't say Iv seen much of him

The only live footage I've seen of him was him over throwing a wide open receiver against Stanford, the other highlights and clips I've seen he looks decent but i would take Kizer and Watson over him.

4 hours ago, Antiochas III said:

Get yourself over to DraftBreakdown.  Trubisky is the no.1 this draft. 

The more QB's taken early the better IMO.  Leaves most of the actual BPA's on the board. 

I'll give that a look at some point

Not a big Trubisky fan. Some throws he looks top notch, he can certainly make them, but under pressure he makes a lot of mistakes. Bad habit of overthrowing receivers, although he can make every throw in the book when given time and has some sort of ability to escape the pocket if he sees a rush coming. He's got a little bit of the Paxton Lynch-es about him too where hes getting all this hype because people have just looked at stat sheets. So many of his passing numbers come from screens to receivers or running backs and it really pads his numbers. The bad stuff outweighs the good for me

On 11/01/2017 at 23:09, lichtie23 said:

Mike Williams (Clemson) is the best Wide Reciever in the draft

Disagree. Hes a beast but hes still very raw, bit like Kevin White a couple of years ago. Corey Davis is the best wide receiver in the draft. Heard what I thought was a very apt 'clean Josh Gordon' comparison not so long ago

On 17/01/2017 at 15:53, lichtie23 said:

USC cornerback Adoree Jackson has declared. He won the Jim Thorpe award (best cornerback in college) this season.

Wonderful player. Goes straight to the top of the defensive back class for me

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived