Clyde v Montrose

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Always remember a Clyde poster slagging Elgin City as a diddy team etc due to a game being called off due to nearby anti flooding defence works not allowing the drainage to work properly.

To be fair, going on recent posts from Clyde fans in regards to chucking it, ourselves and yourselves probably had more fans down helping put covers on the pitch than they'd have had attending the actual match this afternoon.

11 minutes ago, bullyweehutch said:

Why aren't the club or council putting covers on! They knew the forecast ffs doesn't take a genius to work it out!

Probably because we don't have a pitch cover. I believe they can cost over £20,000 for a full pitch cover hence, why the club or council has never bought one.

As far as I'm concerned, the only thing the club did wrong, was put a bizarre comment in last nights match preview to say there was no pitch inspection planned. That indicated unless the weather got worse, which it didn't, the game should be on.

57 minutes ago, gordon9736 said:

Always remember a Clyde poster slagging Elgin City as a diddy team etc due to a game being called off due to nearby anti flooding defence works not allowing the drainage to work properly.

Correct, because that's exactly what the problem was and was common knowledge, though subsequently fixed

Remind us, how many games did you have postponed that season??

1 minute ago, BrigtonClyde said:

At a wee ground like Station Park the sun can get at most if not all of it

Terracing side always frozen (no sun) plus it's always -10 colder up here than Glasgow area....we are the team that others need to aspire too.

1 hour ago, cfcuk said:

Kinda dispels the myth of all weather pitches ha ha

Should really say all weather providing it's only raining

Not that bothered to be honest

Does it? 5 of the 6 games on artificial are on, Clyde is the only one off. Theres 3 games on grass off.

Broadwood is just not really well looked after. I drove by last night and the floodlights were on. Well I say on, because half the floodlights were broken and off, and they have been for ages. Broken seats all over the place as well, marsh growing on the stand windshields.

At a wee ground like Station Park the sun can get at most if not all of it

Broadwood is hardly the height of the nou camp. If your board were half switched on they would have had the groundsman out preparing the pitch for this weather like we have. It's not like it wasn't forecasted . Think of the loss of revenue for Clyde today through sponsors hospitality etc . Diddys

12 minutes ago, Bogs_Dollox said:

Broadwood is hardly the height of the nou camp. If your board were half switched on they would have had the groundsman out preparing the pitch for this weather like we have. It's not like it wasn't forecasted . Think of the loss of revenue for Clyde today through sponsors hospitality etc . Diddys

Clyde have no control over the stadiums maintence. Absolutely fucking zero. 

Away and have a crywank to NLL if you're that concerned about it. 

I'm annoyed the game is off because it was a great chance to stop our poor run ahead of the extremely important Scottish Cup game next week. 

Clyde have no control over the stadiums maintence. Absolutely fucking zero. 
Away and have a crywank to NLL if you're that concerned about it. 
I'm annoyed the game is off because it was a great chance to stop our poor run ahead of the extremely important Scottish Cup game next week. 

Diddys get your own ground

2 hours ago, tbsouth said:

High time these teams (brechin included) were severely punished for acting like  junior outfits

You are beginning to sound like a Rangers fan .  They tried that back in 1964   with your club's full backing. 

Glad that worked out for you then  !!!  8)

Good luck trying it again now. 

Archived