Clyde v Montrose

much as it pains me to say it, Arbroath have won this division far more recently than Clyde.

Clyde are like QP were in the 70s and 80s. A club with an undoubted historical importance, stuck seemingly forever in the bottom tier without much prospect of long term advancement. There are good reasons for that of course, but that's where Clyde are at present.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

Clyde are like QP were in the 70s and 80s. A club with an undoubted historical importance, stuck seemingly forever in the bottom tier without much prospect of long term advancement. There are good reasons for that of course, but that's where Clyde are at present.

Interesting comparison

When there were 3 divisions, QP were promoted into Div 1 in '81 and spent one year there before being relegated.  Unless someone can correct me, last year was the first time they were promoted out the lowest division since.

Various clubs have ended up at this level at some point.  The difference is what you think's acceptable.  Most appear to, but the likes of Dumbarton, Morton, St Johnstone, Dunfermline, Ayr didn't, and no longer are.

27 minutes ago, BrigtonClyde said:

Interesting comparison

When there were 3 divisions, QP were promoted into Div 1 in '81 and spent one year there before being relegated.  Unless someone can correct me, last year was the first time they were promoted out the lowest division since.

Various clubs have ended up at this level at some point.  The difference is what you think's acceptable.  Most appear to, but the likes of Dumbarton, Morton, St Johnstone, Dunfermline, Ayr didn't, and no longer are.

Nah, they won the 3rd division in 2000, were relegated after one season then went up again via the playoffs a few years later.

20 minutes ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

Nah, they won the 3rd division in 2000, were relegated after one season then went up again via the playoffs a few years later.

I stand corrected.  I'd no idea what was happening down here, we were in the First Division all those years

Untwist your knickers, Dorothy. Who said anything about 'thousands of fans', until you take it to your usual leftist point-and-laugh-but-no-one's-looking extreme? 

I know why my team has been shite. Not just rolling over and accepting it, changes nothing about the 'facts', or should alter opinions about those who don't. Who's the judgemental pillock now?

I admire what you say at times regarding Clyde

Just thought the jibe at us and Elgin wasn't fair

5 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

So easily pleased? Do me a favour. My dad doesn't come down as much now because it's 'no like the fitba under Sheerin' every club will have them, find it hilarious that you think there's these thousands of fans not turning up to broadwood because of where you are at the moment. Sleeping giant IMO. ;)

Anyways when is this game re arranged for? Could be a big game for Clyde, need a win to keep them away from that relegation spot.

Even Rip van Winkle only slept for 20 years.

I admire what you say at times regarding Clyde

Just thought the jibe at us and Elgin wasn't fair

You are correct you have better attendances your clubs are run better (at the moment )

What some of us on here are saying is we are not prepared to accept sitting in the bottom tier of Scottish football ad infinitum unfortunately the attitude "just happy to have a team to support " has pervaded the club ( reason put forward to get fans voting for a name change )
That now sadly is the view of a lot of the fans who still go the others who don't go are labelled under the various names dissenters , malcontents oh and the classic not real fans.

You may consider us deluded for believing our club should not be bottom feeders but look at teams like alloa , dumbarton, albion rovers they didn't accept it and they are not in this league

Think small stay small

The fact is, more non-Clyde fans want to discuss our shitty position than Clyde fans do. Whether its to laugh at us or to simply ask what the hell's happening, doesn't matter. 

Maybe Clyde fans have heard it all before on multiple threads.

Ignore it then as you must think everything is Rosie in the garden

It's alright. This guy says its all going to be fine. 
hqdefault.jpg

Where did I say everything is rosy?

I just don't think that every Clyde thread should be constantly dominated with the same complaints.

I've stated a few times that I agree with some of your points but it seems by not reiterating your views constantly I'm burying my head in the sand.

OK, back on thread subject

Probably a good result the game being postponed as every possibility would've struggled to break 400 for a crowd which would have been even more costly

Likely a decent turnout this Saturday as it's the Cup and several will be going for the day out as much as anything else.  If we win that, might get a little knock on effect for the following home game, at least in as much it won't be sub 400.  New signings in attack and defence would up the chances

4 hours ago, AndyCameron88 said:

Exactly this; what started out as Clyde vs. Montrose has inevitably evolved into an 8 page spiel relating to same old same old

Our club has more than its fair share of troubles, we get it already. Stop constantly baiting your owns fans and keep this pish for Clyde FC season 16/17 thread or better yet, start a new one!

Aw come on, we had a bit of reminiscing along the way ! ;)

So, something does get under your skin about all this....at least you've got that.

Look back over the thread, and you'll see why this came around AGAIN.....Clyde fans offering needless excuses to other supporters taking the piss about our lack of control over whether we get games on, and maximise revenue, or not. Others melodramitizing the prospect of a lowest crowd. My answers were reasonable and i stand by every one. 

As for you, Cameron.....would you lot rather we just fucked off altogether, let alone start another pishy thread? I suspect yes. Good luck with that. 

Clyde badly needs all the passionate fans it has left so nobody is thinking you or the other posters should f**k off. In fact, the same as pretty much all the other Clyde posters, I agree with a lot of what you say. But you are preaching to the converted none of us are blind to the problems facing the club. Whether you mean it or not some of your posts do come across as confrontational or divisive.

There seems to be a general trend among a number of the posts that if you still go to the games you are a happy clapper, content with the current situation. For the majority, I don't think that is the case. Most of us have tried to do or bit whether that be volunteering your time or money to the club. We've been told that if you are part of the CIC and not happy then you should be pushing to get rid of the board. Whoever wants to come in can't do any worse, right?

The truth is the chairman is gone, the CEO is gone and a further two directors chucked it last season. Nobody has stepped in to replace these positions. If there was somebody waiting in the wings then just now would surely be the best opportunity to seize power?

The truth is I don't think anyone has any clear plan to get us out the current rut. Competing for the title of this league shouldn't be that difficult, the standard is generally awful. Plenty of similar sized clubs have managed it East Fife, Arbroath, Stirling Albion etc. In fact some clubs have managed to get promoted out this division, relegated back into it and get prompted out of it again, while we've been fannying around down here.

On 1/17/2017 at 21:21, Jack Burton said:

The truth is the chairman is gone, the CEO is gone and a further two directors chucked it last season. Nobody has stepped in to replace these positions. If there was somebody waiting in the wings then just now would surely be the best opportunity to seize power?

Indeed, this is an excellent opportunity for the "Glencairn splitters" to get elected and drive their agenda from the front of the bus, they are CIC members after all and seem to have a clear plan of action. The stated obstacle to their discussions has stepped down from his role. They are of the mind that the CIC model is a failed one so if they did seek election to the board it could be interesting times.

Indeed, this is an excellent opportunity for the "Glencairn splitters" to get elected and drive their agenda from the front of the bus, they are CIC members after all and seem to have a clear plan of action. The stated obstacle to their discussions has stepped down from his role. They are of the mind that the CIC model is a failed one so if they did seek election to the board it could be interesting times.

...or were they all talk?

Archived