Fife vs Airdrie

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

It's not about lack of respect, it's about the complete lack of perspective from Airdrie fans. Half the posts here are tearing into your players saying how useless and shite they are, the other half are wobbly-lipped rants about how you're not doing better than you are.

OK, my last post was meant to be a little bit provocative but what do you guys actually expect? By your own admission, full time or not, your team seems to consist of mostly average-ish L1 players with a couple who're not really up to it and a couple of stand-outs. And, surprise, surprise, you're having a pretty average-ish season.

Clearly you don't read a lot of Airdrie threads, or perhaps you cant understand what's been written.

It's not about how the players are poor, though I think everyone can see we cannot defend. 

We're a Full Time outfit who make the same mistakes week after week. If our players are training 5 days a week they should not we repeating mistakes time after time. We expect improvement and to be a little more professional than the part time teams around us.Lets look at something simple like throw-ins. Every time we had one our players were marked up well and we managed to get the ball to our players less than 50% of the time. When East Fife had a throw, more often than not their players came away with the ball. It's a simple thing that should be covered in training yet it's the same shite week after week. We have some very good players but the Full Time status is bearing no fruit when we cant get the simplest parts of the game right. 

I don't believe we are too far away from a very good side but I don't see it happening anytime soon. With regard to the defense I am of the opinion that we need a tall commanding keeper for a start, a better left back and a more aggresive central defender.

The rest of the team is fine for this division and has proven it week in and week out. We will not dispense with Rohan for the reason that he is being played to sell on but we may find that the other two positions will be taken care of in the next couple of weeks. The lack of aggresion from our central defenders was never more evident than yesterday in losing goals and failing to score from the numerous corners we had. I don't believe that this is lost on the management but we have a business model which is about selling players on and keeping within a budget.

I had my concerns at the start of the season in respect that we would play promising youngsters and take the defeats if it resulted in experience for them and a net profit for the club.

The management are walking a fine line in this respect as it is taking the good will of the supporters for granted.

10 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

I understand that bad runs breed frustration. 

I would have taken a draw because we've just won 6 games (5 league games) in a row, and we're away to a team who're above us in the league. Generally, I'll accept a draw in that circumstance and 16 points from 18 is pretty fucking fantastic.

Airdrie fans could see this as a decent result as they've got a point against the form team in the league - the first team to do that in almost 2 months. But instead, it induces some sort of existential crisis.

This may be a little harsh but Airdrie are the Clyde of L1.

Notice on the highlights on Airdrie website when they scored the camera zoomed in on them but when East Fife scored it zoomed away from the goal scorer, very unsporting camera man, great point for us tho!!

Just saw highlights and surprised to see some of the football Airdrie played and chances created. 

I thought I was going to watch a horror show by the comments on here.

2 poor goals to concede , keeper possibly more at fault than Gorman for once at first , McDonald poor at 2nd.

Ryans goal was a great move with 2 great passes, Browns slide rule pass was sublime and his strike that keeper saved would have been a contender for goal of season.

their keeper made another great save which was given a goal kick and looks like a stonewaller denied.

looks like Airdrie played some decent stuff with Conroy on good form but then again highlights can be misleading 

Archived