Fife vs Airdrie

5 minutes ago, waysider said:

I think it's too early to write Wilson off. Firstly, he inherited the team. Secondly, I'm sure efforts are being made to improve the defending in training but I've come to the conclusion that some of the players don't have the ability to carry out instructions, For example, Boateng constantly watches the ball rather than the man he is supposed to be covering. What amount of coaching could cover MacDonald stepping out the way to allow the goalscorer a free header?

:lol:

Boateng wasn't even the worst today.

I really don't give a f**k if he's inherited a squad. A defender who's played at his level should surely see what the f**k is going wrong here....week after week after week....

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Pesadilla said:

:lol:

Boateng wasn't even the worst today.

I really don't give a f**k if he's inherited a squad. A defender who's played at his level should surely see what the f**k is going wrong here....week after week after week....

Boateng gets singled out every week but let's be honest, if he isn't the worst what does it say about the rest?

How long does Wilson get an easy ride? Don't like the idea of constantly chopping and changing but he needs to be showing signs of getting it right and that he isn't a yes man for a radio pundit (which he currently is)

To me he got lucky and piggy backed on a good run that the team were on when he came in and continued it. Now the team is on a bit of a bad run it remains to be seen if he knows how to turn it around 

Russell for all his faults should start up front. 

3 minutes ago, Yoda8 said:

To me he got lucky and piggy backed on a good run that the team were on when he came in and continued it. Now the team is on a bit of a bad run it remains to be seen if he knows how to turn it around 

Yip. Folk were deriding McBride, yet he had us on a winning streak but now....death spiral.

What's changed?

We are simply a shocking football team and should disband immediately imo.

Understand trying to shore up by putting 5 at the back, but shoehorning Adam Brown into a centre forward position is inexcusable when we have McKay available. Somebody needs to tell that shitebag that he's playing a contact sport. Hopeless.

In the end we could have put 10 at the back, but if none of those 10 are capable of heading a football we'll concede goals.

East Fife were a well organised side who did the simply things well and deserved a point.

A couple of months ago we were looking to overtake Livi, now we're clinging onto the play off places for dear life.

Something's got to change.

31 minutes ago, Diamond Oracle said:

We are simply a shocking football team and should disband immediately imo.

Understand trying to shore up by putting 5 at the back, but shoehorning Adam Brown into a centre forward position is inexcusable when we have McKay available. Somebody needs to tell that shitebag that he's playing a contact sport. Hopeless.

In the end we could have put 10 at the back, but if none of those 10 are capable of heading a football we'll concede goals.

East Fife were a well organised side who did the simply things well and deserved a point.

A couple of months ago we were looking to overtake Livi, now we're clinging onto the play off places for dear life.

Something's got to change.

5 at the back, you'd think it was Real Madrid that was coming calling not East Fife, Embarrassing 

agree that Brown is shitebag, if he wasn't he'd be a good player. 

The standard in this league is piss poor that's how sitting 2nd isn't any great feat.

I wasn't there today but can't imagine 5 at the back v EF will bring the crowds back 

5 at the back, you'd think it was Real Madrid that was coming calling not East Fife,

Give some respect mate and you might get some back, you are where you are and on current form we are a better side than you, remember you stole points of us at the end of the day not the other way round!!!

I wasn't there today but can't imagine 5 at the back v EF will bring the crowds back

Then perhaps you should save your comments about shit you have actually seen - just saying!!!

Tell you what I really hate. Cocky "bigger teams". There's a reason your in this league, there's a reason you didn't come away with three points, there's a reason you stole a point at the death, there's a reason you are only marginally ahead of the part time teams in the league...

Disrespect the league and other teams and they will come back to haunt you. Which they are. With form like this I wouldn't be disrespectful [emoji23] ecc137df991fc68e7e091040f73bccd4.jpg

Lot of nonsense in this thread. It wasn't 5 at the back, it's 3 centre halves with 2 wing backs pushing on. I thought Wilson was quite right to try something else after how bad we have been at he back recently.

In general I thought we were the better team and should have won the game. It's clear we cannot defend and I would hope this is addressed with at least one new centre half. Would also hope for a left back/wing back as macdonald has been poor.

If we can tighten up, I don't think we are too bad a team at this level.

Yes, I thought Conroy was our best player with Ryan and Leitch not far behind. Conroy put in a huge effort. Funny how people see thing differently.

Stewart also played well although he has the first touch of an elephant. Once he gets the ball under control he's good.

8 hours ago, King Kebab said:

Give some respect mate and you might get some back, you are where you are and on current form we are a better side than you, remember you stole points of us at the end of the day not the other way round!!!

Then perhaps you should save your comments about shit you have actually seen - just saying!!!

i also said the standard in league is piss poor.

Anyone can beat anyone so nobody should be playing 5 at the back v anyone. It's anti-football.

People pay money to see their team trying to win games not try to not lose them especially at home against a team below them in league. 

No disrespect was intended to EF what I should have wrote was the management team of MW & GD have shat their breeks at first sign of a bad run and tried to shut up shop.

If you weren't at the game how can you say it was 5 at the back? Stewart was probably one of our best attacking threats from wing back.

I thought the shape was a lot better yesterday. The problem is that whatever shape we play, we have defenders that can't defend.

We have been shipping daft goals for ages. I think Wilson was right to try something different yesterday. Ok, it didn't actually work but short of getting players to jump and head it himself, it's difficult to know what else he could do.

Archived