Pitch perfect

DuklaWandy

16 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Kelty Hearts, Broxburn and Petershill immediately spring to mind.

Will get back to you if I think of more.

Thanks 8Mile.  Have Penicuik v BU pencilled in for Saturday, but Penicuik Park doesn't do well with bad weather.

Thanks 8Mile.  Have Penicuik v BU pencilled in for Saturday, but Penicuik Park doesn't do well with bad weather.

No probs DW. I'll be sure to post if I think of any more Junior clubs with artificial pitches.

Provided the game goes ahead at Penicuik on Saturday feel free to say hello. I'll at least be able to tell you the BU line-up! [emoji1303]

23 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

No probs DW. I'll be sure to post if I think of any more Junior clubs with artificial pitches.

Provided the game goes ahead at Penicuik on Saturday feel free to say hello. I'll at least be able to tell you the BU line-up! emoji1303.png

Cheers.

Penicuik are usually good at putting up the teams at the entrance.  All teams should do this!

Cheers.

Penicuik are usually good at putting up the teams at the entrance.  All teams should do this!

Aye, think they usually post the team line-ups on Twitter just prior to kick off too.

Penicuik have a good wee set-up and seem like a well run club. Quite on-the-ball with social media etc and I like how them and a lot of other Junior teams have someone filming the games and making goals/highlights videos as well.

My full list of current Senior + Junior plastic pitches is below. If I've missed one, let me know. Several others planned but not yet current. And some clubs have had one-off uses of not-their-usual-ground plastic pitches to get games played, usually to get overdue cup ties out of the way. 

SPFL
Airdrieonians
Alloa Athletic
Annan Athletic
Clyde (share at Cumbernauld Colts)
Falkirk
Forfar Athletic
Hamilton Accies

Kilmarnock
Montrose
Queen of the South
Stenhousemuir

West Juniors
Benburb

Carluke Rovers

Cumnock

Gartcairn

Largs Thistle

Petershill
Port Glasgow

Renfrew

Rossvale (share at Petershill)

East Juniors
Blackburn United

Broxburn Athletic

Kelty Hearts

North Juniors
Banks o' Dee
Deveronside

Lowland League
BSC Glasgow (share at Alloa Athletic)

Cumbernauld Colts (shared with Clyde)

East Kilbride

East Stirlingshire (share at Stenhousemuir)
Gala Fairydean Rovers
Spartans

University of Stirling (share at Falkirk)

East Seniors
Heriot Watt University

Leith Athletic

South Seniors
Dumfries YMCA

Edusport Academy (share at Annan Athletic)

Heston Rovers (share at QOTS)

Mid-Annandale
Lochmaben (share at Mids)

Newton Stewart

St Cuthbert Wanderers

Highland League
None             although Cove Rangers sometimes share at Banks o’ Dee, amongst other venues.

And Petershill / Rossvale is temporarily not 'current', whilst the finishing touches are being applied after relaying the carpet. So although Rossvale are 'home' this Saturday, don't go to the Petershill plastic looking for that one. (It will be at Ashfield, weather permitting). Petershill have said they expect Petershill Park to be 'current' again in time for their home Junior Cup tie on Saturday 21st Jan. 

Archived