Livingston v Albion Rovers

This the first of 3 games in a row at home. 

Another tough one, last game between the sides was fairly even with a dubious penalty seperating the sides, and the last time we welcomed them they beat us so we know what we are up against. 

I thought we were excellent up in Peterhead another performance like that will hopefully be enough here. 

Again will be interesting to see how we line up, hopefully Kelly's loan will be extended this week, it's likely to be though. 

I'd also bring Longridge in, and I'd bring Cadden in also but likely De Vita will continue to play but I'd go:- 

Kelly, Crighton, Halkett, Gallagher, Longridge, Pittman, Millar, Byrne, Cadden, Mullen, Buchanan. 

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As much as I'd like to say our attention will be fully on this game rather than the Celtic game the week after I get the feeling it is going to be a bit of distraction.

Heart says draw

Head says Livi to win narrowly

We've got Brechin and Alloa in our league games after this one and funnily enough I feel more confident of us beating those two than I do Rovers.

Rovers mugged us on the break in our last home game against them, so hopefully Hopkin's has the defence told not to push up and leave ourselves vulnerable at the back to quick counter attacks. Feel a bit more confident having Gallagher in our defence though, he's excellent at reading the game and makes everything look effortless..

Another tough mid table team. We're getting a lot of them out of the way recently which is good. Similar if not same team as last time with big Dec back in there our defence should be much safer. Also hope we start overpowering teams again like we did early on where we scored plenty of goals.

Albion Rovers should just ease off in this one for us so they can focus on the Celtic game and if they lose Airdrie also lose, so it's a win win for both teams.

3-0 Livi

A tad early I know but what pitch protection have Livi got. I'm guessing undersoil heating which I believe was installed wont be in working order these days, or is too expensive to run it it does. 

I know we have snow covers and the sun pretty much shines on the pitch all day.
We do have USH but I'm sure we were told by McDougall that it was fecked.

Dunno what condition the USH is in now, but it costs too much to put on unless there was a decent travelling support to justify using it, has to run for several days, you can't just turn it on and off like your central heating.

We had covers down either last season or the one before when it had been snowing, my mate's son went on to give them a hand taking the covers off the pitch and got his feet soaked, sat watching the game with  wet soggy freezing feet, poor soul.:lol:

Looking forward to this game and the return to Almondvale of Big Dec. I've watched us lose more than we've won this season, so hopefully I get to see a decent performance. With Gallagher back and having a full weeks training under his belt I'm more confident we can win.

5 hours ago, Durnford said:

but in my garden earlier and the ground was quite soft under foot.

Main concern is that corner where the winter sun never seems to reach.

Have you got a huge garden Durnford old chap, lay on some pies and Bovril and we'll all come over to yours and watch Livi v Rovers have a kick about in the back garden.

Archived