Stirling Albion v Clyde

Ray Vaughn

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not sure why people are under the impression we improved in the second half? Clyde still controlled the game mostly (yes they let us have the ball more but the second we crossed the half way line, they took it straight off us). We still created zero chances, just like the first half. Without those penalties, we wouldnt have scored.
Bad 90mins and we have no game changing players on our bench.

When I say improved at least we did not concede any more goals which is an improvement from the first half.

21 minutes ago, rhliston said:

When I say improved at least we did not concede any more goals which is an improvement from the first half.

Valid point...More to do with Clyde sitting back and allowing us to pass along our back 4 then pass it out of play for a throw? Or did we improve?

Last night was the kind of match which makes you hate football at times. 3-1 up and cruising at half-time for me always feels worse than sitting at a dull 0-0, and despite us controlling the game well, Gibson's error was entirely predictable and led to a mental last 5 minutes or so. He had a good season up until the Annan game, produced the save of the season in the first cup tie to keep us in it, but he made the wrong sort of mistake at the wrong time.

We've now assembled a better squad again in terms of depth, not that it's shown in the cup games. Perry, Linton, and the new guy Lochhead all sat in the stand last night, McKenzie and Finnie cup tied, McGovern back on the bench. McMillan an absolute steal if we can keep him for half a season. Last night was Fergie's best performance since his return, by a mile. With MacDonald and Gormley battering their centre halves about we actually under utilised him but he went past men, and was back to winning headers. I thought Scott McLaughlin was our best player after Gormley but the much improved McNiff and the ever outstanding McNeil were up there as well. Hopefully keep the momentum up on Saturday as we've showed in the cup games that we're a much better side than the bottom half dross we've descended into.

I've not posted much on here in the last few weeks so I didn't point out that Wright's man of the match award in his debut was a laughable decision. Not only was Bikey the difference between the sides, but he also laboured through the first half and should've been sent off. He was even worse in the first cup tie and last night's display was one of the poorest individual performances I've seen at Broadwood. The right back was somehow worse in fairness but I was still surprised he survived the half-time break. Stirling are in massive danger of going down.

Very disapointed in the performance from the binos last night, clyde deserved winners and good luck in the next round
Willie Robertson and Dickson only players to get pass marks from last night, terrible times to be a binos fan.....then again it has been for the past 3-4 seasons
Relegation is a real possiblility now but luckily for us you still have diddies such as Berwick that are worse than us, going to be a struggle but i'm optimistic the boss can turn it around

5 hours ago, David W said:

I've not posted much on here in the last few weeks so I didn't point out that Wright's man of the match award in his debut was a laughable decision. Not only was Bikey the difference between the sides, but he also laboured through the first half and should've been sent off. He was even worse in the first cup tie and last night's display was one of the poorest individual performances I've seen at Broadwood. The right back was somehow worse in fairness but I was still surprised he survived the half-time break. Stirling are in massive danger of going down.

I thought wright was brilliant on his debut, but since then he's struggled and I'd prefer someone else over him. Black was poor, but wasn't as bad as either of our centre backs imo.

Archived