Stirling Albion v Clyde

Ray Vaughn

Relegation-bothered Stirling v Promotion-chasing Clyde should be the tag line but much has changed in a few short weeks.

Clyde got a bit of a pumping in the league game a couple of weeks before the cup tie so I expect the game to be vastly different in the cup.

Probably Bikey's last game for Stirling so I expect him to go out with a flourish.

Cuptie MacKay hasn't lifted the cup as a manager yet so logically it must be Stirling's year.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fairly sure the Cup is appearing at this game, btw, as it's apparently the "featured game"

Be a nice reunion with Dave Mackay for it..

Fairly sure the Cup is appearing at this game, btw, as it's apparently the "featured game"

Be a nice reunion with Dave Mackay for it..

Must be a featured game as its could be Bikey's last game for us.

He never scored today, so im expecting him to rip this mob apart and make it a special final game for the club.

Bikey 5-0 relegation threatened Clyde.

Clyde cant be looking forward to their next trip to Forthbank after the defeat they received the last time. Fancy Bikey to give the Clyde defence another torrid time and score paving our way into the next round. Just hope a decent support turn up from Clyde this time as I a bit disappointed in their turnout last time.

We've signed a couple of players and no doubt some more will join before next Saturday so it's an interesting one. If we lose on Saturday I reckon that might finish our season. 

Just going to be down to who wants it more. We badly need a reaction, and quick. 

It all seems doom & gloom around the club at the minute but I hope supporters realise how big a game this is & get through to Stirling in numbers! When the draw was made I thought this was the perfect tie - decent away trip & a winnable game for a place in the last 16 (which is massive for any team in our league). We've went downhill quite drastically since the draw was made & Stirling are looking good so should be an interesting match. 

Bikey you could see clearly had talent & his athleticism made a big difference but our defence also helped make him look good. A defeat & no goals on his final match for this Stirling legend please! 

5 hours ago, Chris_DK said:

We've signed a couple of players and no doubt some more will join before next Saturday so it's an interesting one. If we lose on Saturday I reckon that might finish our season. 

Just going to be down to who wants it more. We badly need a reaction, and quick. 

We wont have either of the 2 new players, they're both cup tied I believe.

Bit concerned its the same team as got pumped last time, but I know a few guys making a one time appearance for this one and confident we will have a decent and noisy support.

Not too confident, but love how Binos fans have the game won already, obviously they are favourites, but you never know...

Hopefully one is a right back that is not cup tied.

If we go into this game with both our current fullbacks we'll get hammered again.

I think we also need Smith back.

2 hours ago, headthebaw said:

Is Chris Smith (junior) still injured for Clyde?

There was a debate as to whether he was in fact injured or just dropped. It was described as a 'slight injury' so with the rest at the weekend you'd imagine it would be cleared for the game this weekend. I'd start him! 

22 hours ago, Chris_DK said:

Just going to be down to who wants it more.

Footballing ability and tactics might have something to do with it too. 

I'm concerned about complacency. We won't even be odds-on with the bookies, will probably be a pretty even game. 

1 hour ago, BinoBalls said:

Footballing ability and tactics might have something to do with it too. 

I'm concerned about complacency. We won't even be odds-on with the bookies, will probably be a pretty even game. 

That's us fucked then.

Further to this, the bookies have Clyde as slight favourites for this game. Just underlines how stupid it would be to be complacent about this game. If Clyde are up for this and we think it'll be 3-0 to us again just cause it was 2 weeks ago, then we are doomed. 

Further to this, the bookies have Clyde as slight favourites for this game. Just underlines how stupid it would be to be complacent about this game. If Clyde are up for this and we think it'll be 3-0 to us again just cause it was 2 weeks ago, then we are doomed. 

Im sure Mackay will make sure we dont get complacent. This is a massive game so I'm sure Mackay will get them all up for it.

Archived