Hero at your club/Wage thief elsewhere

3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

To be fair dave Clarks tactics were more to blame for easier being a failure with us than anything else.  Ferguson picked up a really bad injury not long after joining us unfortunately.  We'll never know what he would've been like fully fit.

that's true, we basically played with no midfield back then!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, Rizzo said:

Seem to remember the buddies being glad to offload Scott McKenzie only for him to have a great season with us. Sure it was the last season at Brockville so 2002/2003 or so. He was always a really solid player for us and I'm sure he got a testimonial of sorts.

YES!!

Oh god how could I forget about him. For whatever reason it just didn't work. He was meant to have sung naughty songs of the Rangers variety at a Player Of The Year bash too.

Just looked up his stats, according to wiki he was with us for 3 years but soccerbase has him with us for 2 years then signing for Falkirk again in August 2002.

Paul Wright has to be one of the biggest let-downs playing for us as well. Think the sum total of his contributions were a fluke free-kick and a penalty in a game we lost 5-1. Seem to recall his wage was being paid by some local business or business man as well.

22 hours ago, AUFC 1910 said:

The Moff at Ayr
The Moff at Pars

Stevo at Ayr
Stevo at Ayr

The Moff is going up in everyone's estimation in recent months, his brace against Morton seemed to have sparked some life into him enough to remove his slippers and put football boots on instead. Still rather see Farid starting tbf.

If you are taking this point from the last match , Thomson is just back from months of injury give it a rest. Once fully fit AJ would jump at the chance of a full back of his consistency.

I'm not sure but it's quite possible that he's going with the title of the thread. "Hero at your club/ wage thief elsewhere"? He's obviously done really well with us with the fact he captains us now.

I've seen on a number of occasions that Jason Thomson was an absolute dreadful full back for the Pars, therefore he was a "wage thief" with them?

That's what this thread is about foreverarover..

David van Zanten was garbage at Hibs, Morton and Hamilton, those spells sandwiched between two brilliant stints with us.

Barry Lavety did heehaw with his potentially very good career but was brilliant in two of his three stints (the least said about the 3rd time around, the better)

On the other hand, Scott MacKenzie and Eddie Annand are two of the biggest shitehawks I've ever seen in St. Mirren shirts and both had a great rep at other clubs.

Derek Riordan is an absolute hero to Hibs fans, he's my favourite ever player. Scored over 100 goals for us and fucking hates the Hearts.

Honking everywhere else, I'm maybe a bit harsh on his time at Celtic because he hardly played. 

Bring him home, Lenny.

On 10/01/2017 at 17:30, Shadwell Dog said:

To be fair dave Clarks tactics were more to blame for eadie being a failure with us than anything else.  Ferguson picked up a really bad injury not long after joining us unfortunately.  We'll never know what he would've been like fully fit.

Was Ferguson's injury not pre and continued to some extent ?

I recall him greeting to the press re that his insoles had been stolen and refused to play a reserve game, we also stopped playing him due to the fact of money would go to Sunderland if he played a certain amount of games. It seriously boiled my blood for a long time that he was our highest transfer fee and still is, so its a wound reopened........

Roddy Manley could be another one on the list, although injuries and even a health scare with I think some sort of poisoning didn't help his St mirren career, the falkirk to st mirren career path was never rosy till Steven Thompson and Jack Ross spoilt it.

3 hours ago, MrDust said:

Was Ferguson's injury not pre and continued to some extent ?

I recall him greeting to the press re that his insoles had been stolen and refused to play a reserve game, we also stopped playing him due to the fact of money would go to Sunderland if he played a certain amount of games. It seriously boiled my blood for a long time that he was our highest transfer fee and still is, so its a wound reopened........

Roddy Manley could be another one on the list, although injuries and even a health scare with I think some sort of poisoning didn't help his St mirren career, the falkirk to st mirren career path was never rosy till Steven Thompson and Jack Ross spoilt it.

He got a bad knee injury just a few months after signing and was out for ages. Was mince when he came back.

Derek Riordan is an absolute hero to Hibs fans, he's my favourite ever player. Scored over 100 goals for us and fucking hates the Hearts.

Honking everywhere else, I'm maybe a bit harsh on his time at Celtic because he hardly played. 

Bring him home, Lenny.

The boys need showing round the Edinbra clubs

Archived