Hero at your club/Wage thief elsewhere

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mark Millar doesn't appear to be liked anywhere but us.

His first season with us he was pretty brutal but second season when we reached the league cup semi and challenge cup final he was brilliant with Stewart Murdoch in the middle of the park.

Just every player we sign from Raith seems to forget how to play football as soon as they joined us. Along with Grant Anderson going from dependable wide player to non factor I can also include in the worst Scottish 5 piece since the bay city rollers.
Mark Campbell - Solid centre half turned into a junior player.
Stephen Simmons - did alright in a title contending team was about my most disliked player of all time. Seems to have been competent at Alloa.
John Baird - Consistent goal scorer but was utterly forgettable outside of the way he bolted to Falkirk and starting scoring again.
Ryan Conroy - Managed to lose his sole advantage in his set pieces at Queens despite getting double figures from midfield most other years.

Conroy was good for double figures like you say. But his all round play was far too predictable. He always slowed things down.

John Baird is a god amongst men.

There will always be a place at Starks for Grantie Anderson as well.

John feckin Lambie. A hero in Partick and Hamilton and yet managed to utterly destroy one of the best Falkirk teams of the modern era and take us from 5th in the top flight to bottom in one season. 

Others that come to mind are Stevie Logan and Ken Eadie. 

Millar was also excellent for us when he came back on loan.  

45 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Jim Duffy, the baldy Klopp, doesn't seem to be well remembered anywhere else he's been either now I think about it. Dundee/Clyde might be a bit mixed on him but can't see Hibs or Brechin fans having fond memories

The majority of Falkirk fans enjoyed his period at the club although he did bail out when things took a turn for the worse results wise.

9 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Jim Duffy, the baldy Klopp, doesn't seem to be well remembered anywhere else he's been either now I think about it. Dundee/Clyde might be a bit mixed on him but can't see Hibs or Brechin fans having fond memories

I seem to remember lots of quite justified cracks involving him being nicknamed 'The Relegator.' I thought he was a terrible appointment but I've been proven completely wrong.

18 hours ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

Anthony stokes scored 23 goals in the 2009/10 season in his first spell at hibs. Hardly a "wage thief" now is he Gav?

Exactly he got his moved to Celtic on the back of that superb season with us. And scored 2 goals in the Scottish cup final, his time at Hibs beats anything he achieved at Failkirk. 

A truely awful should from Gav.

To suggest that Stokes has been a wage thief at any Scottish club is a piss take in itself.

30+ goals, goal of the season, Scottish cup winner with 2 goals in the final across 2 spells at Hibs ffs :lol:

That's before you even start on what he achieved at Celtic.

Seem to remember the buddies being glad to offload Scott McKenzie only for him to have a great season with us. Sure it was the last season at Brockville so 2002/2003 or so. He was always a really solid player for us and I'm sure he got a testimonial of sorts.

Probably get laughed at here but Chris Smith was pretty heroic in our title winning season. Made some cracking saves including probably the best (and only) triple save from a penalty I've seen.

Broadfoot was a hero for us but Walter Smith ruined him, still carved out a decent career for himself.

Harkins is a hero at Dundee but he was worse than a man down for us. Also failed to track his man at a corner once [emoji849].

unfortunately for Falkirk when we break the bank it seems to backfire bigtime. two of our record signings have flopped with us. ken eadie struggled in the top flight with us having scored barrowloads of goals at brechin, he then always seemed to score against us! had a real get it up you attitude to the Falkirk support!! derek fergusson, was horrendous for us, at least eadie gave everything he had, just couldn't do as well at the top level, fergusson had already proved himself at a higher level but looked like he'd never kicked a ball in his life with us!! in the main though, we seem to be lucky and have more players the other way, who do well at us and flop everywhere else 

2 hours ago, knee jerk reaction said:

unfortunately for Falkirk when we break the bank it seems to backfire bigtime. two of our record signings have flopped with us. ken eadie struggled in the top flight with us having scored barrowloads of goals at brechin, he then always seemed to score against us! had a real get it up you attitude to the Falkirk support!! derek fergusson, was horrendous for us, at least eadie gave everything he had, just couldn't do as well at the top level, fergusson had already proved himself at a higher level but looked like he'd never kicked a ball in his life with us!! in the main though, we seem to be lucky and have more players the other way, who do well at us and flop everywhere else 

To be fair dave Clarks tactics were more to blame for eadie being a failure with us than anything else.  Ferguson picked up a really bad injury not long after joining us unfortunately.  We'll never know what he would've been like fully fit.

Archived