Sons of the Rock Dumbarton vs Champions Elect Hibernian

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Good highlights love us to have something similar.

Hibs TV highlights have been a lot better over the past couple of months but highlights like that and the Raith ones really put it to shame.

I don't post very often.Choose my moments.
I was proud to be a DFC fan yesterday.That is as good a performance as I have seen from a Dumbarton team since probably the Scottish Cup tie away to Aberdeen.
Stevie has done a great job since the Bonnyrigg fiasco.
I think that the squad we have just now is more than capable of staying in this league.
Very emotional to see Gordon Lennon's son Kai at at the game yesterday.
I'm sure that Gordon would be immensely proud to see how far we have progressed since winning the 3rd division under his tutorage.

3 hours ago, Kenny Ashwood said:

I'm sure that Gordon would be immensely proud to see how far we have progressed since winning the 3rd division under his tutelage.

8 hours ago, LondonHibsFan said:

I just want a shopkeeper to smile at me like this:

Sons TV guy.gif

I'm fairly sure the customer here is John Lindsay of Lindsay's Vauxhall Dumbuck.

19 hours ago, squeezeboxson said:

Annoyingly/frustratingly Commons is the player in the offside position in the build up to his goal. As already mentioned the rules are a bit iffy with regards to the way it panned out yesterday.

Thanks for the link - I chuckled at the pre-match sequence until the video shown a higher resolution & superior quality to HibsTV (it is free too). Was the offside incident before the video clip of Hibs breaking forward & scoring? The only point that I noticed Commons ahead of the second-last man was when he received the ball in our own half - which isn't an offside position.

The defending looked quite concerning; some good blocks and 'last-ditch' challenges which should have been cut out sooner. I would have thought that changing to three centre-backs would have helped Hibs to close out the game, but the back-five struggled with the type of pressure they would normally absorb. We used players who are usually adept in a 3-5-2, but they looked uncomfortable in most of those clips. Our backline seemed to be on a HibsTV framerate while Dumbarton were coasting forward at a smooth sixty frames-per-second. In the second-half, Hibs had three centre-backs to condense the play around the box, with Gray & Stevenson also coming central: we should be cutting out crosses and shutting down the wide areas more capably. Perhaps I'm doing Dumbarton a disservice? I think we should be doing better at the back.

Thankfully, the fat waster ate up the scraps he was served and finished with aplomb. I was wrong about Commons. Although he is a bit slow and cumbersome, he has chipped in with two match-winners and two assists. Commons has proven to be a competent foil for Cummings and when combined with two wingers, we are free to play a poacher on his own upfront. His quality on the ball, especially at set-pieces, is something that we have been missing when Shinnie has played.

Other than bringing Commons in for the rest of the season, I would like some cover for Gray/Stevenson.

Archived