Sons of the Rock Dumbarton vs Champions Elect Hibernian

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Now, here's the thing.  We could have replicated the results of the last two weeks earlier this season, but it would have been utterly grim to watch, massing men behind the ball and basically choking the game.

Against Morton and Hibs however, not only have we competed fully, we've also controlled sizeable passages of the play and have contributed to two pretty entertaining matches, albeit we taken zippo points for all that effort.  Not only do we look to have more about us, every man is putting in a shift and we enter the second half of the season with a better-looking squad.

The trick is now to convert that positivity into league points, starting next week against Queens.  And anyone not there today please, please, ignore this utter bullshit about tricky conditions, bobbly pitches, etc., as it is guff.

I pretty much agree with this. Today it was Hibs who resorted to massing men behind the ball in the latter part of the game. If we can keep up performances like this, particularly at home, the points will come.

Perfectly fine with hearing about us time-wasting and going defensive.
Seen us lose or draw too many of these kind of games in recent years.

Absolutely, at the end of the day it worked and if I was a Hibs fan I'd be delighted with grinding out that win today. That's the type of results that bag you a title.

From our point of view it shows how much better we are performing since the result no one speaks of.

The guy who writes the games up on Hibees Bounce had a lot of praise reserved for Dumbarton today:

"I thought Dumbarton were very good, they played better football than Hibs and had they taken a point we could not of complained. Their number 23, Lewis Vaughan, was first class and a well deserved man of match for them. He gave the defence a torrid time. On loan from Raith and an Edinburgh lad, we could do worse than keep tabs on him, I thought he and his team done their club proud today. We moan about teams sitting in when they play us, Dumbarton brought the game to us and that was a tough one. Well played Dumbarton, you will take points off other teams, some nice fitba spoiled by the sight of that fat Hearts b*****d Nade pushing and fouling and not getting booked, but also missing a sitter as he dreamed of his all you can eat buffet when he should have been concentrating at the back post.

Man of the Match was easily Number 23, Lewis Vaughan of Dumberaton, well played son, get that stupid haircut sorted though."

1 minute ago, LondonHibsFan said:

The guy who writes the games up on Hibees Bounce had a lot of praise reserved for Dumbarton today:

"I thought Dumbarton were very good, they played better football than Hibs and had they taken a point we could not of complained. Their number 23, Lewis Vaughan, was first class and a well deserved man of match for them. He gave the defence a torrid time. On loan from Raith and an Edinburgh lad, we could do worse than keep tabs on him, I thought he and his team done their club proud today. We moan about teams sitting in when they play us, Dumbarton brought the game to us and that was a tough one. Well played Dumbarton, you will take points off other teams, some nice fitba spoiled by the sight of that fat Hearts b*****d Nade pushing and fouling and not getting booked, but also missing a sitter as he dreamed of his all you can eat buffet when he should have been concentrating at the back post.

Man of the Match was easily Number 23, Lewis Vaughan of Dumberaton, well played son, get that stupid haircut sorted though."

Top class fishing there me thinks :lol:

Listened to the game on Hibs tv (Internet wasn't working so they done it off a mobile phone ffs :lol: it was horrendous) and it certainly sounded like Dumbarton has us on the ropes and only professional defending & Laidlaw kept us in it for the 3 points.

As delighted as I am with the shree points, I'm just as heartbroken that we've left with all 3 and the sons gaining none.

I can't wait for your last trip of the season to Easter road xxx

5 minutes ago, King Dom's Moustache said:

Listened to the game on Hibs tv (Internet wasn't working so they done it off a mobile phone ffs :lol: it was horrendous) and it certainly sounded like Dumbarton has us on the ropes and only professional defending & Laidlaw kept us in it for the 3 points.

As delighted as I am with the shree points, I'm just as heartbroken that we've left with all 3 and the sons gaining none.

They're unbelievably tin pot at times for a club of any size :lol: Thought they'd improved quite a lot over the past couple of months as well.

Listened to the game on Hibs tv (Internet wasn't working so they done it off a mobile phone ffs [emoji38] it was horrendous) and it certainly sounded like Dumbarton has us on the ropes and only professional defending & Laidlaw kept us in it for the 3 points.

I hope the sun is shining on Leith for our last goodbye x

Any one from Sparky, Vaughan, Stirling  Fleming and Carswell all deserved MoTM for their outstanding efforts. Even the other new guy, Lang, had a crack at goal, which was pleasantly surprising. The players looked gutted for not getting something from the game, which is also encouraging. Nade needs more game time. And a stronger pair of legs to help him stay on his feet.

Hibs started seeing out the game as early as 55 minutes, when they started to slow things down, taking ages with throw-ins etc. Professionally they did nothing wrong but ffs time wasting so early in the game, especially when you're winning! 

They'll win the league with some to spare since United are gash, but they'll need to do a lot better to get anywhere in the top league.

And hearing Chick Young's commentary from about six feet from him, I wish I'd brought a baseball bat to the game, I could have seal-clubbed him for some of the shite he spouted.

50 minutes ago, King Dom's Moustache said:

Can't really do much if the Internet isn't working at the stadium mate :lol:

As a one off its fair enough but there's been audio problems all season and it's just another incident. Internet connections f**k up all the time maybe they can find something that's more reliable.

Was it the Ayr game where McGinn scored that raker and the cameraman managed to miss the ball hitting the back of the net?:lol:

41 minutes ago, ThirdrockfromtheSon said:

Hibs started seeing out the game as early as 55 minutes, when they started to slow things down, taking ages with throw-ins etc. Professionally they did nothing wrong but ffs time wasting so early in the game, especially when you're winning! 

Well we're not going to timewaste when we're losing :1eye

Good idea, start off with something inanimate like a baseball bat and build towards bringing ThirdrockfromtheSon Jr along one day - baby steps.

:lol: burst out laughing at that superb.

That ladies and gentlemen, is why we're known as the #flamegang

Box office posts like that.

Archived