Sons of the Rock Dumbarton vs Champions Elect Hibernian

1 minute ago, sonsanorak said:

Thought Danny Harvie done well too, but would pick out Stirling and Vaughan as our best performers. Thought our header before the goal should have gone out the box but appreciate our player was under pressure to play it quickly.

Hibs paid us a lot of respect in the second half with their change to three at the back, time wasting at substitutions, niggly fouls and running the ball to the corner flag.

Harvie and Stirling covered Humphreys very well today, he was quiet and one of my biggest fears going into the game.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As good as the Hibs boys are, Lennon and the guys in the dugout are arseholes. What was the deal at the substitution? The ref just let them take the piss and I thought he should have added on another 2 or 3 mins at the end with all the time wasting in the second half too.

6 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Harvie and Stirling covered Humphreys very well today, he was quiet and one of my biggest fears going into the game.

Andy Stirling was outstanding today, surging runs. We have options now, good to see plenty of desire & commitment from Sons today. If only big Thomson could put the ball in the net.

Vaughan was a real live wire today and I am still in disbelief we were able to punt Stevo and get him in.  Thought we were poor compared to recent performances in the first half but definitely back to our best in the second half.  I can't really remember Carswell doing anything that stood out which means he's done his job well today.  Other results weren't looking in our favour at one point today with Ayr, Queens and Dunfermline all leading but thankfully those 3 matches ending in draws has kept us pretty close to the pack.

It was lovely to see many of Guido's family at the game today.  I hope they all had a great day out.

Whoever was picking MotM today had a tough task. Could have justifiably given it to 8 or 9 of the team. Sparky is playing with incredible confidence and skill at the moment. Carswell had a great debut. Fleming worked his socks off. The back four were solid. On balance I can agree with Vaughan as the star man[emoji106]

21 minutes ago, mike rankine said:

Meant to add...Stirling ran Vaughan very close for MotM

I was picking MOTM today and I agree 100% it could have been either one.

TBF Everyone else was great as well. 

I thought Thomson played ok as well. For me he just looks like he's missing the striker confidence. 

I was listening in to Radio Scotland during the game. Chick Young is an embarrassment. Was continually saying Hibs were the best team and only began to give us credit towards the end when we had constant pressure with Hibs time wasting. In the post match summary Dumbarton were described as "stuffy opponents".

I was listening in to Radio Scotland during the game. Chick Young is an embarrassment. Was continually saying Hibs were the best team and only began to give us credit towards the end when we had constant pressure with Hibs time wasting. In the post match summary Dumbarton were described as "stuffy opponents".

He was probably just seething that, with Stevo gone, he didn't recognise any of our players.

I was picking MOTM today and I agree 100% it could have been either one.
TBF Everyone else was great as well. 
I thought Thomson played ok as well. For me he just looks like he's missing the striker confidence. 

I'm starting to think Thommo is lacking something for this level. The likes of Vaughan and Carswell came in today and looked far comfortable at this level than he does.

I just feel like we have better options now with Vaughan and Nade, particularly when he's deployed up front.

Now, here's the thing.  We could have replicated the results of the last two weeks earlier this season, but it would have been utterly grim to watch, massing men behind the ball and basically choking the game.

Against Morton and Hibs however, not only have we competed fully, we've also controlled sizeable passages of the play and have contributed to two pretty entertaining matches, albeit we taken zippo points for all that effort.  Not only do we look to have more about us, every man is putting in a shift and we enter the second half of the season with a better-looking squad.

The trick is now to convert that positivity into league points, starting next week against Queens.  And anyone not there today please, please, ignore this utter bullshit about tricky conditions, bobbly pitches, etc., as it is guff.

1 minute ago, mike rankine said:

He is a complete choob and no mistake. Some of his gems were "I can't even remember the name of this stadium or stand - as that's all it is". When announcing the teams at the start he threw away convention and ran through the away team first. He said that Eddie the Eagle could slide down the slope from the corner flag to the goal. Fanny.

Yep...I heard him going on and on about the raised area at the corner flag pre-match. At one point he said it must be at least 2 or 3 feet higher than the rest of the pitch. Willie Miller had the sense to call him out for his tendency to exaggerate.

25 minutes ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

He is a complete choob and no mistake. Some of his gems were "I can't even remember the name of this stadium or stand - as that's all it is". When announcing the teams at the start he threw away convention and ran through the away team first. He said that Eddie the Eagle could slide down the slope from the corner flag to the goal. Fanny.

I was flabbergasted when he mentioned that he doesn't know the name of the stadium considering there's a sign at the front door he would've entered and also on the teamsheet. I can't stand these patronising b*****ds that won't bother doing even a bit of research. 

Archived