Falkirk v Ayr Pt3

Guest Back Post Misses

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Few things after watching back the highlights there. Ayr rip the complete pish out of us for their goal knocking the ball about to little or no pressure for a while before getting the chance. Very poor from both our centre backs first McCracken should be winning the header and Grant was too slow to react. However in the full move you could point out at least 4 or 5 individual errors from us.

Bairds penalty was really shite. Such an easy height for the keeper. Every penalty he scored for us he blasted down the middle and the 3 he's missed he's put it to the side.

Really terrible marking from Ayr for the equaliser Peter Grant was never picked up at any point.

With the Muirhead/Devlin handbags I've no idea how Muirhead got booked for that. Surely if he thought he made contact he should be off or could've booked Devlin for the initial tackle.

Hippo really should've buried his chance in the first half. Pretty poor miss.

5 minutes ago, Russ said:

Few things after watching back the highlights there. Ayr rip the complete pish out of us for their goal knocking the ball about to little or no pressure for a while before getting the chance. Very poor from both our centre backs first McCracken should be winning the header and Grant was too slow to react. However in the full move you could point out at least 4 or 5 individual errors from us.

Bairds penalty was really shite. Such an easy height for the keeper. Every penalty he scored for us he blasted down the middle and the 3 he's missed he's put it to the side.

Really terrible marking from Ayr for the equaliser Peter Grant was never picked up at any point.

With the Muirhead/Devlin handbags I've no idea how Muirhead got booked for that. Surely if he thought he made contact he should be off or could've booked Devlin for the initial tackle.

Hippo really should've buried his chance in the first half. Pretty poor miss.

I think if Hippo had scored it would have been a very different game as we had looked quite good until that point. 

The first penalty that Baird missed though was hit down the middle as usual and that's what prompted the change of tactic. I think he's missed two in a row since, including today.

Ayr's # 2 should be ashamed of himself. I think Muirhead was probably booked due to the 'aggressive' way that he got up after he was fouled?

56 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Maddens always a dire ref. Who can forget his effort at Perth earlier this season. However, our performance was far worse than his. Kerr and Sibbald are both hopeless at tackling , Craigen and shepherd are simply hopeless and why are we persisting with McCracken? Houston's signed gasparotto to be our starting centre back so why not play him with Grant and stick with it. Chopping and changing centre half's every week is doing nothing for us. Bairds 31 and McHughs what 25. I'd expect the latter to have more legs towards the end of the game and would've benched baird who had ran his arse off with little success. Far too many punts up the park which suited the ayr defence fine. Large clear out needed including the manager.

Who has been our best centre half do far ?

Watson injured, most weeks our centre pairing been the same, to bring up a swap when it wasn't the managements choice isn't productive

McHugh will never score a similar amount of goals Baird has in pro league football. Tho I'd take McHugh or Hughie green over Shepherd

We lack a bit of luck but most of all fluency in various positions

The first penalty that Baird missed though was hit down the middle as usual and that's what prompted the change of tactic. I think he's missed two in a row since, including today.
Ayr's # 2 should be ashamed of himself. I think Muirhead was probably booked due to the 'aggressive' way that he got up after he was fouled?

Was the last minute against someone that Baird missed his first one? Possibly Queens? Had totally forgotten about that tbh. Still he's just hoping the keeper guessing wrong. I really thought Muirhead would've been taking the penalties this season. I'm sure he took them for both Annan and Partick Thistle.

I don't think Muirhead done much wrong just kind of stood up. I was surprised by the lack of a reaction from the rest of the Ayr played when Muirhead went down, generally when a player goes down like that there's a scramble around to try and get the player sent off.

I'd have Devlin at Falkirk in a heartbeat. Decent defensively and such a threat going forward. I'd imagine there will be a good few teams interested in him come the end of the season hopefully we'll be one of them.

9 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I think if Hippo had scored it would have been a very different game as we had looked quite good until that point. 

Probably the aggressive way he got up after not getting touched.

3 minutes ago, Russ said:

Was the last minute against someone that Baird missed his first one? Possibly Queens? Had totally forgotten about that tbh. Still he's just hoping the keeper guessing wrong. I really thought Muirhead would've been taking the penalties this season. I'm sure he took them for both Annan and Partick Thistle.

I don't think Muirhead done much wrong just kind of stood up. I was surprised by the lack of a reaction from the rest of the Ayr played when Muirhead went down, generally when a player goes down like that there's a scramble around to try and get the player sent off.

I'd have Devlin at Falkirk in a heartbeat. Decent defensively and such a threat going forward. I'd imagine there will be a good few teams interested in him come the end of the season hopefully we'll be one of them.

You'll need to win the playoffs as he won't be in this league.

10 minutes ago, Russ said:

Just being better than Gasparotto is hardly a high standard.

Watson to add to that too, which is a bigger picture to our floundering at the start of the season. We would be in a bigger mess without McCracken. 

10 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

You'll need to win the playoffs as he won't be in this league.

Totally agree, he is destined to a Premier League team next year

Watson to add to that too, which is a bigger picture to our floundering at the start of the season. We would be in a bigger mess without McCracken. 

As far as I could tell Watson has only played centre back in 4 league games this season. With one of those being last week.

Watson and Grant was our best partnership last season imo and I'd like to think if given the chance this season it would be exactly the same.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Anything other than Luca and Grant is a poor option IMO

Agree. Playing McCracken is doing nothing for us. Grant and Gasporotto should be our two centreback for the next few seasons. Get them together and keep playing them so that they pick up a decent understanding and then at least you have the basis of a good defence for next season.

I think the summer transfer window has to be the worst group of signings that I can remember a Falkirk managers that has had half decent funding producing. Only Luca has got anywhere remotely near being a regular and now it seems Houston has lost faith in him.

Added to that the backbone of senior players Kerr, Baird and in the last six weeks McCracken have been utter garbage is it any wonder we are rotten?

Houston needs to take a look at himself now. Leahy lost his place, and I know Gallacher has been good but don't tell me he can't play further up the pitch? He was probably in our top 3 or 4 performers this season when you look at it closely.

Up front we have tried 4 players and all have been average at best. Time to do something different. Hyppolyte wants to play striker, was brought up playing striker, has the pace, skill and strength to play striker. Play him as a striker Houston ffs.

Sick of the c**t now. Either sort it out and do something completely different or f**k off Houston

Ooooft. That is a bit of a rant for 0500.... Alcohol imbibed???

If only. Fucked wi cold and canny sleep. Had to take it out on someone. More where that came from unfortunately for you all

Agree with the Austin shout along with O'Hara.

Separately only at Falkirk to you give the better camera position to the away team while your own PPV position is utterly hopeless meaning you can see very little of what actually happens.

Archived