Morton v Rovers

Just now, L. Brilliant said:

Talk me through dropping Barr for Coustrain?

Last 2 games I don't think he's done much.  Johnstone has been the better of the 2 so if we are shaking this up try and find a spark this is one version.  Just my opinion though.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure why but I'll probably be heading to this, more in hope than expectation though.
For weeks, we've been playing awful outfield but Cuthberts been brilliant. Yesterday, we played quite well out field, but Cuthbert was at fault for 3 of the 4 goals yesterday.
Hopefully, that was just a blip for Cuthbert. Could do with getting the 3 points here, but I doubt we will. We'll probably have to wait until Dumbarton at home on the 28th for that.

We played well outfield? Seriously?

Last 2 games I don't think he's done much.  Johnstone has been the better of the 2 so if we are shaking this up try and find a spark this is one version.  Just my opinion though.

I think it's fair to keep things fresh where players tend to be streaky especially wide players... just haven't seen anything from Coustrain that suggests it's a good idea for a tough away game. Against Ayr he got his deflected goal but looked lightweight and quite lost to me. No denying his hunger and willingness to get it down and run but we'll need to defend well at Morton.

If Matthews is fit I'd not be against him coming in on the right.

Hopefully Oliver is back for this and we manage to bring in another striker. If not we're going to have to play Nesbitt up front again. He had a good game on Saturday but Raith have a much better defence than Dumbarton do.

21 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

We played well outfield? Seriously?

I think you are selling yourselves short here, you aren't too bad going forward. Just need to find the net when you get there. It'll come good given time. 

There has to be some reply to the last couple of performances and I've no doubt a few boots will be going up arses this week. Locke himself probably knows he's under a bit of pressure now and I'm just hoping we fit into the 'probably not the best time to play us after a horsing' cliche (more out of hope than anything else to be honest). Are we not getting to the stage where we start to turn the corner after the usual curse? When was it we decided to stop farting about last season and start playing some football?. 

Either we get a good striker in by Wednesday, or we should let Mother Nature put the game into storage, until our January signing and preferably Quitongo as well are back to full fitness. 

26 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

That was in fact exactly one year ago tonight, that game happened.

Oh bugger. Never realised we were that far into this year already.

At least McKinnon had shown some promise that actual football might happen by now.

2 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

Limited options going forward, and hoping we get a new player in before we next play.

Given the state of us at the minute, you could easily play Cappie Cat up front and still win comfortably.

2 hours ago, Raithie said:

Are we not getting to the stage where we start to turn the corner after the usual curse? When was it we decided to stop farting about last season and start playing some football?. 

McKinon's lot didn't turn the corner until a 2-2 draw at Falkirk on February 13th. In the ten games before that after the clocks had went back, they picked up seven points from ten matches (a win at Cappielow in amongst it).

Locke's side currently has five points from eight matches since the clocks went back, so a broadly similar collapse at the moment to be fair. We were only two points better off at this stage last season so a win on Saturday puts us in essentially the same position.

So in theory it's clearly possible to come back strongly and finish in the play-offs. Equally however, Grant Murray's table-toppers went into Daylight Savings unbeaten and finished 8th, above the relegation play-offs only on goal difference. So it could go either way.

There has to be some reply to the last couple of performances and I've no doubt a few boots will be going up arses this week. Locke himself probably knows he's under a bit of pressure now and I'm just hoping we fit into the 'probably not the best time to play us after a horsing' cliche (more out of hope than anything else to be honest). Are we not getting to the stage where we start to turn the corner after the usual curse? When was it we decided to stop farting about last season and start playing some football?. 

February.

Archived