Morton v Rovers

2 minutes ago, cornbeef said:

I was fairly disappointed when you 'captured' McManus (and to a lesser extent Barr) from us. Strange to think that he may not be rated enough to start against us in the next fixture.

Hopefully we have further striking options by next Saturday... but even if we don't -we  should be good for a draw as our defence/ midfield seem to be able to cope with almost anyone this weather. I also hope that Kilday is back to something like his best after a rocky performance V Dumbarton.

I'd much rather have Ricki Lamie playing ahead of Kilday at the minute, he's been solid for weeks. Hope a small knock doesn't put him back on the bench for the rest of the season.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Scosha said:

I'd much rather have Ricki Lamie playing ahead of Kilday at the minute, he's been solid for weeks. Hope a small knock doesn't put him back on the bench for the rest of the season.

Yep I was disappointed that he didn't feature yesterday, especially now that his striker's instinct has been unleashed. So he was injured then ?

McManus is available for you guys, he has a 1 game suspension but it doesn't start till 16th January, two weeks after his booking against the Pars on Monday 2nd January.

Disappointing.

I hope against hope that Fleetwood develop an unprecedented injury crisis and recall him this month.

26 minutes ago, Martin Nelson said:

Disappointing.

I hope against hope that Fleetwood develop an unprecedented injury crisis and recall him this month.

I was disappointed he went to yourselves instead of us this season but even last season he wasn't that effective in the Championship. More intent on getting booked rather than making an effective impact on the game. League 1 he was absolutely terrific and looked deadly in front of goal. 

Genuinely disappointed to read McManus isn't suspended. I don't think he's a terrible footballer and in the right side he could be good.. but he's been terrible for weeks now. In fairness to him, it isn't his fault Gary Locke keeps playing him when he's hopelessly out of form.

Hard to see anything other than a defeat. We aren't play-off contenders Ton fans so I wouldn't worry too much about the gap to us.

Getting back to M'Voto/Bene might make us a bit more solid I guess, so the defeat should be narrower this week. 1-0 Morton.

We'll be lucky to take 100 fans with us to this. The Gary Locke decay that literally everyone predicted is well under way. Home win by at least two clear goals.

I'll have a car full( 4 fans) anyway. Hopefully we'll be rewarded for being superfans come 4:50 on Saturday.

30 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

I'll have a car full( 4 fans) anyway. Hopefully we'll be rewarded for being superfans come 4:50 on Saturday.

I'll be there partly because the wife wants to go but mostly because we can stop at IKEA on the way home and get all the misery out the way in one trip :)

Hard to say how we'll be without knowing our injury situation in attack. You'd hope that having been fit enough for the bench on Saturday Oliver will be ready to return to the starting eleven, but if not then we're looking at Scullion and Nesbitt again. Despite the lack of height and the guarantee of M'Voto and Benedictus dominating aerially against them, I'd rather that than a fit Oyenuga starting ahead of either of them.

Raith have that same affliction we had in the first half of the season, they can create some good chances but don't manage to convert them. 

One good hard fought win could set them back on track, and this could be the very game that kick starts this. 

Raith have that same affliction we had in the first half of the season, they can create some good chances but don't manage to convert them. 
One good hard fought win could set them back on track, and this could be the very game that kick starts this. 

I doubt it. :lol:

Cheers for the vote of confidence though! [emoji106]

I'm really surprised that McManus is so unwanted by you boys. While he never scored many for us last season either, he was still a handful for defences with his movement and still created a lot of chances. He's actually quite similar to Quitongo this season. He causes so many problems and puts in a hell of a shift every week but hasn't actually scored that many goals int he league, just 2.

On the game itself, can't see many goals at all. We badly need a striker or at the very least Oliver back in the starting 11. Raith are on a bad run but still a decent side with decent players so expecting a difficult game.

Would be delighted with any sort of win and I think we will edge it 1-0

Would like to see us go with this as a line up for Morton game but I doubt it'll change much:

Cuthbert

Thompson - M'votto - Bene - McHattie

Johnstone - Callachan - Davidson - Coustrain

Hardie - Stewart

If Matthews is fit I'd be more inclined to add him to midfield and play 1 up top.

Would like to see us go with this as a line up for Morton game but I doubt it'll change much:

Cuthbert

Thompson - M'votto - Bene - McHattie

Johnstone - Callachan - Davidson - Coustrain

Hardie - Stewart

If Matthews is fit I'd be more inclined to add him to midfield and play 1 up top.

Talk me through dropping Barr for Coustrain?

Archived