2 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Oooft, what a swing and a miss, even by your standards Zen.

I'd be a bit more humble, seeing as you support a side currently relying on charity from fans to avoid financial meltdown.

You couldn't afford the oil to heat the USH rendering it useless.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Oooft, what a swing and a miss, even by your standards Zen.

I'd be a bit more humble, seeing as you support a side currently relying on charity from fans to avoid financial meltdown.

I'd be a bit more humble,  seeing as you support a side that DID financially meltdown and screwed it's creditors over. 

Not sure what's worse, the predictable "yoooz ur pure cheets" chat or the fact that we do actually have working undersoil heating, in fact the chairman spoke about it not too long ago. You don't have to switch it on of course, although since we only have 2 home games across an 8 week period it might be worth switching on. We will get a few quid from the shared gate at Alloa and we have Dundee Utd as our other home game and they'll bring a decent number down so it's not critical we get the game played I guess.

If there's anything the club can do to ensure this game goes ahead, I hope they do it.

I think a postponement would really put a dent in our momentum right now.

Fingers crossed the weather doesn't pan out as poorly as the predictions suggest.

When did fans become such mewling pussies about the weather? Every time it rains there's folk worrying if the game will be on. Every time it's cold folk worry if the game will be on. If there's a wee dusting of snow folk worry if the game will be on.

Postponements at East End Park due to the weather are very rare. I can think of only one recently, and that was due to a freak storm, not regular winter weather of it being a bit chilly. When was the last time a game at East End was called off due to a frozen pitch? I can recall some freezing games at East End when the game was on (Boxing Day 2001 for example; that game against Queen of the South a few years ago).

Yeah the game will be on. I can look into the future, it's a gift you know.

Just to add, we have a lot of pink handbags posting on here. 'oooo, I might get cold, n stuff like that'

As for those who refer to Dunfermline Athletic as cheats, your patter is ensuring you wear absolute Gimp status.

3-1 Pars.

12 hours ago, Piracy said:

Yeah the game will be on. I can look into the future, it's a gift you know.

Just to add, we have a lot of pink handbags posting on here. 'oooo, I might get cold, n stuff like that'

As for those who refer to Dunfermline Athletic as cheats, your patter is ensuring you wear absolute Gimp status.

3-1 Pars.

You're the worst poster I've seen on here in months. I hope you spill your next pint.

We created a lot of chances against QOS , they went up the park 4 to 5 times and scored three one an Ogada.  This is our season so far. The young players are our shinning light. With Storie added and hopfully Loy added we see a bit more positive results. One can only hope. 

If we looked at the Pars team of about this time last year and wondered how to realistically improve it for the Championship then the current team is probably what we'd have come up with. With Clark we've finally found someone to take over from El Bak in terms of consistently scoring goals. Herron is on a different level to any midfielder we've had for a while. Big Wedderburn adds the physicality we were lacking early in the season. I like Paton but McMullen is a more dynamic player and clearly benefiting from an extended run. Defence is a decent settled unit with an excellent keeper. Being able to add Martin and Morris if required is proper strength in depth there.  

All the things that were costing us games earlier in the year have been addressed (Dodgy keeper, gifting goals, red cards, no midfield, not creating chances). The next big test for us will be seeing how they respond when defeat finally arrives but recent signs would suggest it will just make them determined to go out and make amends next time out. Even winning the last couple of games there has been a bit of frustration that it was only 2-0 wins so I don't see any chance of complacency on Saturday. 

Still have terrible feeling we'll lose though for some reason. 

I see that he sent off a Dunfermline player v Dundee Utd this season, I'm guessing that was 100% the correct decision:whistle

If it's the Wedderburn red card, then it was the right call. Although, I'm sure we claimed for a foul just a couple of seconds before it and big Nat just boiled over.

Archived