• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought a draw was a fair result yesterday. We created plenty of chances but finishing was woeful, with Moffat the biggest culprit. He misses far too many easy chances. His overall game is pretty good but his lack of goals let him down big time. 

Our defending from set pieces was atrocious. St Mirren put in a lot of good deliveries in the first half from corners and we struggled. So what happens in the first couple of minutes in the second half? We concede a free header from a corner. Very poor.

Felt Higgy was superb and has been for the last few weeks. All that was missing was a goal from him. Wedderburn was quite imposing in the middle as well.

Loved the 10-minute long chant for Talbot and there was a good atmosphere in the NW. Humiliating for the two teenage neds from Paisley that tried to storm the gate, almost crying in frustration. There was also a junkie in the front row that looked like he hadn't showered in weeks. He must be the reason they're called "skunks".

Still unbeaten and we move above the wee team in the table. Nice wee break for the Cup before a big one against United.

Humiliating for the two teenage neds from Paisley that tried to storm the gate, almost crying in frustration.

So 2 teenagers caused the ape-like reaction where Dunfermline fans were climbing all over each other in an attempt to get near the gate?

You had just scored. Embarrassing all round.

Poor finishing from us going by the highlights. Any time St. Mirren had a set-piece or punted high balls we seemed to struggle. Really poor goal to lose as well. I don't think you can criticise Moffat too much for the open goal chance. It appeared to take a big bobble before reaching him and he was unable to adjust himself. Shit happens.

We moved up a place after that result. Just have to look at the positives now and take that into the United game, which is massive imo. 

1 hour ago, buddie06smfc said:

So 2 teenagers caused the ape-like reaction where Dunfermline fans were climbing all over each other in an attempt to get near the gate?

You had just scored. Embarrassing all round.

To be fair. They were most likely a couple of junkies having a bad trip.

1 minute ago, parsforlife said:

Think he brought McMillan down a couple of times after his booking. However as consistently happened Collum refused to pull st mirren up for cynical challenges.

Just Saints, or was he equally lenient with Pars?

2 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Was the match really that one-sided, or is it a 'For Pars fans' edit?

I know some clubs do this (which I've no problem with) and some don't.

Just that listening to it on the radio, and looking at the stats, it seemed a bit more even.

Was the match really that one-sided, or is it a 'For Pars fans' edit?
I know some clubs do this (which I've no problem with) and some don't.
Just that listening to it on the radio, and looking at the stats, it seemed a bit more even.

It was pretty one sided chances wise, they've even missed out a good Dunfermline chance near the beginning.

McMullan was throwing himself to the ground all day he caused his own problems, I thought Collum had a good game. Played advantage well a couple of times instead of giving a foul to Dunfermline. So while he did recognise the cynical (lol) challenges by Saints players he allowed Dunfermline the advantage.

Also, Dunfermline had the better chances. It wasn't one sided. We had our fair share of chances.

Archived