• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

We should win. I think we have to win. There's no point in going on such a good run and then dropping points at home to the worst team in the league. 

Would be nice to see a bumper crowd in recognition of the side's recent efforts.

Hope you're right on all fronts. That was a proper swashbuckling goal. Love those counterattacking ones where we just flood forward and cause the opposition defence to panic. Great striking by Clark too. Nothing lucky about it - not as if it sclaffs off him. 

10 hours ago, Piracy said:

Our games against Saints have been in our favour. I don't see that changing this weekend.

I honestly think we're better equipped to deal with things as a unit now than the earlier part of the season. I won't dwell on the luck factor, I don't pay too much attention to that aspect.

We can work hard on continually improving, proving our resilience and gaining confidence along the way makes us harder to beat and more likely to win. 

I'm not over confident, just now beginning to believe we're playing nearer our full potential.

Looking forward to it.

I agree. But we still look a bit weak at the back despite the two clean sheets.

Here's hoping saints don't find a bit form up front in this game. 

I

This is our first real test to see if we're good enough to challenge for the promotion play-offs. We need to be beating the bottom side if that's a realistic ambition, especially with the run we're on. Another win and Falkirk/Morton are our targets - a defeat and we're looking back to Ayr/Dumbarton.

I don't think we played particularly well on Saturday but came away with a 2-0 win. Hope we keep the same team despite Morris coming in. We should win - but it's the Pars so probably won't.

I'm also wary here. We don't do well when we start feeling confident, we've also not missed a penalty or had anyone sent off for a few games. Saints will surely be difficult to break down and we could struggle to do just that. 4-0 Pars.

By kick-off time, approximately twenty four and a half million souls on this earth will have never known a Dunfermline defeat. Nearly ten and a half million people will have died since our last defeat.  Approximately eleven thousand species of plants an animals will have become extinct in the same time. 18,700 million stars in the observable universe will have come and gone. 

raw

17 hours ago, flyingscot said:

I don't think we got what we deserved out of either game v the Pars this year, thought we were good for a draw at least in the first game- Kyle Hutton sold the jerseys and was banished to Airdrie as a consequence. 

Sadly Dunfermline are on the type of run we need, and the QOS game just showed how weak the team is in all areas. Jack Ross has to hope his signings are Isma and Dorman esq to stay in this league e

St.Mirren were really poor against us at your ground. Got what they deserved, hee haw.

St.Mirren were really poor against us at your ground. Got what they deserved, hee haw.

I'd agree with that. We offered nothing in that game, created no chances, and conceded a poor goal. It was an easy win for Dunfermline.

Dunfermline will score on Saturday, no doubt about that. We need to make sure we utilise our pace and energy on the wings and hope we can give Dunfermline some problems.

We're running out of games, so a draw isn't much use, but I'm not sure I can see us getting anything more that.

Relegation will, admittedly, put Tony's plans back by a whole season.

The earliest we can now win the Prem is the 19-20 season. Unless, of course, we run away with it so much that we've got the title sewn up before Hogmanay that year, in which case Tony Fitz will be proved correct. 

I haven't checked, but I think the odds will be against that happening. Just.

10 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Relegation will, admittedly, put Tony's plans back by a whole season.

The earliest we can now win the Prem is the 19-20 season. Unless, of course, we run away with it so much that we've got the title sewn up before Hogmanay that year, in which case Tony Fitz will be proved correct. 

I haven't checked, but I think the odds will be against that happening. Just.

Defeatist talk min. Sort yourself oot. 

I'm looking forward to Saturday. Theres no reason not to as a Dunfermine supporter.

Fans of all clubs are the same. If your team is playing well and in good form, its in the nature of a Scottish football fan to be wary when you're up against the bottom side at home in the next game.

But thats all just superstitious pish. I think the Pars will win this well on Saturday. We've got bags of confidence and better players in every area of the pitch. 

Unless of course, Jack Ross got some excellent and much needed advice from the stands on Saturday. We all know how clued up on tactics and man-management football fans are...

Hi, by the way.

1 hour ago, JFPar said:

Really? We weren't great but neither were yourselves at that point. I don't think a draw would have been harsh on either team, but we can't defend and shitfest our way out of things. 

12 minutes ago, Astro said:

I'm looking forward to Saturday. Theres no reason not to as a Dunfermine supporter.

Fans of all clubs are the same. If your team is playing well and in good form, its in the nature of a Scottish football fan to be wary when you're up against the bottom side at home in the next game.

But thats all just superstitious pish. I think the Pars will win this well on Saturday. We've got bags of confidence and better players in every area of the pitch. 

Unless of course, Jack Ross got some excellent and much needed advice from the stands on Saturday. We all know how clued up on tactics and man-management football fans are...

Hi, by the way.

Hello Astro. Weclome. Hope you're right

Really? We weren't great but neither were yourselves at that point. I don't think a draw would have been harsh on either team, but we can't defend and shitfest our way out of things. 

We scored and you didn't. Simple as that.

Clark had two other golden chances that he should have scored, and Moffat his the post. Murdoch had one good save but I don't recall him doing much else.

18 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

By kick-off time, approximately twenty four and a half million souls on this earth will have never known a Dunfermline defeat. Nearly ten and a half million people will have died since our last defeat.  Approximately eleven thousand species of plants an animals will have become extinct in the same time. 18,700 million stars in the observable universe will have come and gone. 

raw

History is truly being made.

Archived