DUFC v QOTS

6 minutes ago, trotsky27 said:

We Did play well but sut too deep last 15-20 mins Duran at centre forward and obedaye cause problems new rb looks bit suspect hard to judge on 1 game though Thomas and Thompson what we have been crying out for all season and rankin in the middle is the calming influence.

Did Obedaye play down the new full backs side.

Seems he set up goal 2 and 3

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Chewing Taffies said:

which part was factually accurate? often isn't once!

So you have only shared a division with us for two seasons ? I didn't think much would cheer me up after chucking away a 3-1 lead but Chewing Taffies seems to be doing the job. The only thing I think of when I think of Dundee is getting uttery mauled off a shite sevco side in the cup after fans on here  telling every man and his dug that they were going to pump them. Chin up you have a nice relegation battle to keep you interested til May. 

6 minutes ago, Chewing Taffies said:

Now Monkey Tennis will say he wasn't referring to just the last two seasons, and Chewing Taffies will say "oh but you said recent years" and then they will argue about the meaning of 'recent', and if they agree on the meaning of recent then they will argue about the meaning of 'often'. It is going to be gripping and I personally cannot wait...

And Broony88 enters the field as a wildcard!

Just now, Chewing Taffies said:

Seriously, could you stop being so bloody silly?

During the several years when we shared a division, as opposed to just the last two that you've hand picked, we often beat Dundee.  I could dredge up figures, but I can't be arsed - someone else perhaps can, I don't know.

Indeed, Dundee fans on here sometimes identified us as a bogey team for Dundee.  That wasn't really accurate either, but we had a half decent record against them, particularly at home.  We also had a couple of notable Cup wins in there too.  I've no idea at all why anyone would wish to argue with the claim that we often beat Dundee when we shared a division with them - it's self evidently true.

3 minutes ago, Broony88 said:

So you have only shared a division with us for two seasons ? I didn't think much would cheer me up after chucking away a 3-1 lead but Chewing Taffies seems to be doing the job. The only thing I think of when I think of Dundee is getting uttery mauled off a shite sevco side in the cup after fans on here  telling every man and his dug that they were going to pump them. Chin up you have a nice relegation battle to keep you interested til May. 

oh dear you have resorted to using your big team to bail you out. Shame on you.

Would have taken that result before kick off, but disappointing given we were 3-1 up.

I have to say, based on that showing today, Naysmith has got his signings spot on. Mercer looked decent, very assured. Rankin is clearly a leader, and Thomson has given the midfield the energy it was missing. Then as for Thomas, what a goal!

Well that was shite. Happy to see us start with 2 up top as Murray looks a far better player when playing along side someone. Midfield was the problem today for me with the 2 wide players very poor and Murdoch's most notable contribution was standing off their boy at the third goal and inviting him to shoot when it was so obvious that's what he was looking to do. Toshney again, fucking hell. I hope McKinnon doesn't feel he needs to play him because we paid a fee for him. Plenty negatives today couple of positives I suppose in getting an unlikely point, Murray's performance and I thought Telfer was good when he came on and gave a bit of drive to the midfield.

Jamie Robson should be putting in a transfer request if he cant get a game in front of Dixon. In fact im struggling to work out who is shiter, Dixon or Toshney? My favourite Dixon moment of today was when the Edge skewed a defensive header yet ran past Dixon to try and block the strike that got QOS the third goal. It epitomises Dixon since he came back to the club, fuckin woeful

32 minutes ago, Broony88 said:

Image result for ainsley harriott you seem upset

1 hour ago, Staggie_93 said:

Minter for Dundee United paying actual money for Toshney and playing him right back, he was a complete and utter shambles playing there for us.

He seems to have regressed since joining us then. He is literally a complete and utter shit show of a shambles now.

That was an absolute Mixu of a performance today. 

2 up front was good.

That's where it ended.

Midfielders were all shit.

New forward may be useful when fit but why the him off minutes after putting the only winger on!?

Really lucky escape for all concerned today. They could have given us 5.

15 mins left on the clock  and it was almost predictable what was about to happen. Queens seemed to think they had done  enough and just fell asleep. Probably needed a few changes at this point. They could quite easily have lost and with another 5 mins they would have. 

However really enjoyed the match with some great play from queens and for the first 75 mins they really did seem to have the hunger to win it. Not sure how to extend this hunger for the full 90 mins. 

Archived