Smash and grab

If you are simply looking at that score line today and drawing conclusions from it you would be doing Stranraer a real injustice. It was actually a really good performance with Stranraer by far the better team. Often am the first to say "yeah fair enough but if you give away bad goals and don't take/create enough clear-cut chances then that's what happens" but you can't do much about cruel deflections and bad luck like we witnessed there today.

One thing I would say is that if the players put that amount of effort in during the remaining games with the players we have we will climb the table for sure. A lot of good performances in blue shirts but for me the best player on the was David Wilson closely followed by Barron. Enjoyable game bar the final result!  Struggle to see how anyone who attended the game today would think the time is right to sack Brian Reid but suspect there may still be a few. Personally I get the feeling we are close to turning the corner just now.  

That kinda thing happens to every team, earlier in the season funnily enough again against today's opponents Peterhead but at home we absolutely hammered them, but lost 2-1.

Take your chances these things won't happen, it's very very frustrating but it happens. 

25 minutes ago, tuckersloan said:

If you are simply looking at that score line today and drawing conclusions from it you would be doing Stranraer a real injustice. It was actually a really good performance with Stranraer by far the better team. Often am the first to say "yeah fair enough but if you give away bad goals and don't take/create enough clear-cut chances then that's what happens" but you can't do much about cruel deflections and bad luck like we witnessed there today.

The first a deflection. The second a couple of minutes later. How did that come ?

For most of the game Stranraer keeper under no pressure at all. Then a wicked deflected free kick looped over everyone. But saying that all Stranraer goalmouth pressure could not be converted.

As I pointed out on Another thread.. You always take every Stranraer defeat well [emoji106]

15 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

As I pointed out on Another thread.. You always take every Stranraer defeat well emoji106.png

14 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

Meant to say, at least it wasn't the refs fault this week.

Great to have a following. AMMO -ARDRIE is my groupie.

1 hour ago, beefybake said:

The first a deflection. The second a couple of minutes later. How did that come ?

Unfortunate break of the ball from our perspective before Alloa player produced a good quality finish high into the net.

1 hour ago, tuckersloan said:

One thing I would say is that if the players put that amount of effort in during the remaining games with the players we have we will climb the table for sure. A lot of good performances in blue shirts but for me the best player on the was David Wilson closely followed by Barron. Enjoyable game bar the final result!  Struggle to see how anyone who attended the game today would think the time is right to sack Brian Reid but suspect there may still be a few. Personally I get the feeling we are close to turning the corner just now.  

Tucker , I usually agree with everything you say but I feel that bad luck comes when your stuck at the bottom end of the league and the more results like today the more likely we will stay there , I wasn't there today and I'm happy to accept we played well but it's a results business and today's result does not make me feel that our manager can get us out of this mess, I don't know if you were at Hampden last week but although we collected 3 points we were not good and if we were very good today it's not a continuation or a building on last week it's came out the blue or Alloa were poor.

today was a game we needed to win at home and following a win last week yet we have come up short again , for me our manager has made too many mistakes , after a season and a half in charge he has failed to improve our team and position, signings have been poor and we go far too long with a player shortage meaning that some games recently he was unable to change things about due to a week/inexperienced bench.

time will tell and you may be right that this is the beginning of something better to come but if we don't go on a run soon the unthinkable could happen . For me we have the players but need someone that can get the best out of them and it's not this guy .

18 minutes ago, tuckersloan said:

Unfortunate break of the ball from our perspective before Alloa player produced a good quality finish high into the net.

It all sounds like sour grapes Tucker and I'm sure we got breaks of the ball when attacking but didn't have the quality or confidence to cash in like the Alloa player did.

For someone who wasnt there i wouldnt comment. Ts was. I wasnt there either. All im hearing from 100% of people we played well. I cant comment on it really though. All you can say is we need to take the chances.

26 minutes ago, kvz2000 said:

It all sounds like sour grapes Tucker and I'm sure we got breaks of the ball when attacking but didn't have the quality or confidence to cash in like the Alloa player did.

Am pretty sure that no matter what team you support if you had just watched your side dominate a game to the extent we did today, come close on a number of occasions (not all due to bad finishing) and then watch the other team score twice (once from a cruel deflection and the other via a ricochet) to snatch the 3 points you would feel your side hadn't got the breaks on the day. Yes these things even themselves out but my comments are about todays game and today we were unfortunate and I think most folk in attendance (even Alloa fans) would agree regardless of whether somebody who didn't even see the game thinks they sound like sour grapes. Over the course of a season you finish where you deserve to though and if we are 2nd bottom come May then that's where we deserved to be.     

Am not the sort of person who just pretends everything is rosey in the garden and sees the game purely through blue tinted specs. BUT I try to be fair and honest about what I see and today the team played hard for the manager and deserved a lot more out of the game. If Alloa hadn't got lucky with the free kick I don't think they would have won and if you have time to view the highlights you will see how fortunate that goal was. Lets just say if your favourite and real team lost a Glasgow derby in such a manner I am sure you would be classing them to have been unlucky. 

2 minutes ago, tuckersloan said:

Am pretty sure that no matter what team you support if you had just watched your side dominate a game to the extent we did today, come close on a number of occasions (not all due to bad finishing) and then watch the other team score twice (once from a cruel deflection and the other via a ricochet) to snatch the 3 points you would feel your side hadn't got the breaks on the day. Yes these things even themselves out but my comments are about todays game and today we were unfortunate and I think most folk in attendance (even Alloa fans) would agree regardless of whether somebody who didn't even see the game thinks they sound like sour grapes. Over the course of a season you finish where you deserve to though and if we are 2nd bottom come May then that's where we deserved to be.     

Am not the sort of person who just pretends everything is rosey in the garden and sees the game purely through blue tinted specs. BUT I try to be fair and honest about what I see and today the team played hard for the manager and deserved a lot more out of the game. If Alloa hadn't got lucky with the free kick I don't think they would have won and if you have time to view the highlights you will see how fortunate that goal was. Lets just say if your favourite and real team lost a Glasgow derby in such a manner I am sure you would be classing them to have been unlucky. 

Feel your pain bud, but alloa did not deserve to win today but  did , i have seen alloa dominate games and lose as you did today, thems the breaks ! you wil give some team a right doing soon !

1 minute ago, whereismillar said:

Feel your pain bud, but alloa did not deserve to win today but  did , i have seen alloa dominate games and lose as you did today, thems the breaks ! you wil give some team a right doing soon !

Yep and credit to Alloa for hanging in there and pressing on when the game went all square. Part and parcel of supporting a wee team - win some/lose some.

I have more respect for supporters from the likes of stranraer alloa ect , not much time for glory hunters who travel distance to support the "big guns "

follow through thick and  (mostly thin) true supporters..

except for S*****g albion,  they can B*gger off ! ;-)

Archived