Smash and grab

1 hour ago, tuckersloan said:

Am pretty sure that no matter what team you support if you had just watched your side dominate a game to the extent we did today, come close on a number of occasions (not all due to bad finishing) and then watch the other team score twice (once from a cruel deflection and the other via a ricochet) to snatch the 3 points you would feel your side hadn't got the breaks on the day. Yes these things even themselves out but my comments are about todays game and today we were unfortunate and I think most folk in attendance (even Alloa fans) would agree regardless of whether somebody who didn't even see the game thinks they sound like sour grapes. Over the course of a season you finish where you deserve to though and if we are 2nd bottom come May then that's where we deserved to be.     

Am not the sort of person who just pretends everything is rosey in the garden and sees the game purely through blue tinted specs. BUT I try to be fair and honest about what I see and today the team played hard for the manager and deserved a lot more out of the game. If Alloa hadn't got lucky with the free kick I don't think they would have won and if you have time to view the highlights you will see how fortunate that goal was. Lets just say if your favourite and real team lost a Glasgow derby in such a manner I am sure you would be classing them to have been unlucky. 

I take it your last line is speaking generally and not specific to me ?? I also read elsewhere from a Stranraer fan that both goals came from poor distribution from our keeper , one which then led to a free kick which they scored from.. 

28 minutes ago, kvz2000 said:

I take it your last line is speaking generally and not specific to me ?? I also read elsewhere from a Stranraer fan that both goals came from poor distribution from our keeper , one which then led to a free kick which they scored from.. 

If you go back far enough you can trace any goal to where a player gave possession away. Think it would be somewhat harsh to blame Belford for either goal. 

Just watched the goals there. Alloas goals were nothing to do with Belford. Pile of shite claim by someone. First one a stinking deflection from a freekick. He kicked it out long before that move 70 yards up park.
2nd goal he cleared the ball into a crowd of players 60 yards away. A ricochet from a shot and spence thunders it in from inside the box.

Just watched the goals there. Alloas goals were nothing to do with Belford. Pile of shite claim by someone. First one a stinking deflection from a freekick. He kicked it out long before that move 70 yards up park.
2nd goal he cleared the ball into a crowd of players 60 yards away. A ricochet from a shot and spence thunders it in from inside the box.

Where are the highlights?

Never came away from a game thinking this tbh.

We'll you're kidding yourself then. Most people have been at a game that there team has deserved to win but only taken a point or even no points and vice versa.

That's just football and part of the excitement that comes with it, anything can happen.

Sounds like a tough one to take for Stranraer and wee bit of a robbery from Alloa. However, we know from the last few weeks that if you don't turn possession into goals then you are always in danger of dropping points. Can't put it completely down to bad luck. We'll take the good fortune though and hopefully the back to back wins will give the players something to build on.

Disagree. Not one long ball worked from Belford. Alloa defence won nearly everything in the air. If we did win the ball there was nobody close enough to Malcolm for the second ball so lost anyway.
For the first goal both Dick and Barron were available short, ball goes long, Alloa back in possession, break forward quickly, catch our defence out forcing Robertson(?) to give away a free kick. Free kick leads to the goal.
Second goal the ball starts with Belford again.
Now this could easily be seen as but what if such and such won the ball but for me it's it highlights the reason why so many teams are putting an impetus on goalkeepers distribution.

Belford is a good shot stopper but the rest of his game stinks. Hence the reason he's not playing in England.

When Belford was trying to play it out from the back he got slated for the odd occasion it went wrong. I agree that playing it long ain't the best idea when we have no target man up front but he is in a no win situation with that one. On the whole I think he has been a pretty good (albeit perhaps expensive) keeper for us and there are bigger problems in other areas. Don't think many people would be holding him accountable for either of they goals. Just my opinion though!

2 hours ago, Wilkinson1998 said:

We'll you're kidding yourself then. Most people have been at a game that there team has deserved to win but only taken a point or even no points and vice versa.

That's just football and part of the excitement that comes with it, anything can happen.

Oh dear.

A great 3 points for us. Really struggled to get into the game first half, Stranraer dominant and we just couldn't get a foothold at all in the middle of the park.

Goodwin moved himself into midfield and switched to a back 4 after Stranraers opener, but didn't make too much difference and undoubtedly deserved to be behind at the break.

However, you always feel we have the quality and there's a goal in us, and we made pretty much our only decent spell of the game count with 2 goals. Flannigan made a real difference from the bench.

Defended very well to see out the game. Marr and Graham excellent, but not great apart from those two which made the 3 points all the sweeter.

Archived