Latest Scores

Connor7

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shettleston 1 - 1 Irvine Meadow

Meadow were the better team all day but conceded a goal 3 mins into injury time which was dissapointing.

Comment has to be made regarding the Shettleston player manager, Peter Weatherson, who shouted at the Shettleston player to "Keep the ball" at their throw in after it was kicked out the park by a Meadow player to allow treatment to one of his teammates.

SHOCKING, DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR!!!

15 minutes ago, meddamadsquad said:

Meadow were the better team all day but conceded a goal 3 mins into injury time which was dissapointing.

Comment has to be made regarding the Shettleston player manager, Peter Weatherson, who shouted at the Shettleston player to "Keep the ball" at their throw in after it was kicked out the park by a Meadow player to allow treatment to one of his teammates.

That's because of the incident in the 1st  half were  our player had to go off injured and the ball wasn't returned by yourselves so the  bad sportsmanship started with yourselves????? 

Pollok 2-0 Talbot.

Tremendous afternoons entertainment at Newlandsfield, which must have been watched by a crowd of close to 1,500 spectators.
No goals in the 1st half, fairly even contest with both teams going close on a few occasions.
Pollok were quickest out of the blocks after the interval & MOM David Winters put the home side in front,when he latched onto a long kick out from Jordan Longmuir to blast home from close range.
Next he showed tremendous vision to chip the ball over the Talbot defence,creating an opening for the onrushing Liam Rowan to slam home at the 2nd attempt from inside the box.
Talbot contributed to a fine afternoons football, but Pollok were worthy winners.
Officials did well also.

1 hour ago, meddamadsquad said:

Was at the game and couldn't believe the amount of abuse that the the near side assistant refereee took from both benches, in particular the Meadow one.  When they lost the equaliser, what I thought was a spectator went down to near the touch line to give a tirade of abuse and swears to the assistant referee over a throw in preceding this.  Turns out this person was actually a Meadow player who wasn't stripped today.

I'm not having a go at Meadow, I think it's disgraceful that match officials have to put up with this abuse and it is up to clubs to do something about this. 

6 hours ago, lonewolfie said:

Buffs 0 Largs 1
Dire performance today + red card for Maitland.
Shake up required. Relegation looms otherwise.

Buffs good in patches first half 'should have led  half time, missing a wee bit bite in midfield .New signing Frye on holiday so I was told. I'm a fool by today's show backed them last  two years in the scottish, and backed them again this year, got paid out last year EW, they need to get the finger out, officials very poor for both sides  today, even my new Largs friends agree, pen for Buffs, nearly a Knock out by Largs keeper, and a few poor "soft" bookings, won't manage next week but will be in the capital, hopefully Buffs will turn up!

Was at the game and couldn't believe the amount of abuse that the the near side assistant refereee took from both benches, in particular the Meadow one.  When they lost the equaliser, what I thought was a spectator went down to near the touch line to give a tirade of abuse and swears to the assistant referee over a throw in preceding this.  Turns out this person was actually a Meadow player who wasn't stripped today.
I'm not having a go at Meadow, I think it's disgraceful that match officials have to put up with this abuse and it is up to clubs to do something about this. 

It was what looked like a Meadow throw in. Just frustration at losing a last minute equaliser I think, happens all over the country when want to blame officials maybe instead of players who done superb for 90 minutes but just couldn't see out the game to get three points. Yeah I wouldnt like to be a referee or assistant at Junior football, tough job but to be fair the linesman was having light hearted banter with a section of supporters for most of the game.

1 minute ago, Shannon said:

It was what looked like a Meadow throw in. Just frustration at losing a last minute equaliser I think, happens all over the country when want to blame officials maybe instead of players who done superb for 90 minutes but just couldn't see out the game to get three points. Yeah I wouldnt like to be a referee or assistant at Junior football, tough job but to be fair the linesman was having light hearted banter with a section of supporters for most of the game.

Fair point in your post re frustration but I was standing with Meadow fans in the second half and the abuse from some fans and your bench was totally unacceptable and would be in any other walk off life.

Very poor advocates for a club with a great tradition.

Archived