Rovers v Brechin

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, slangs said:

Totally unfair to pick out one player we cud all go through the team and pick out who we think should be doing more.we can also criticise the tactics,they too may not suit a player. it's a team game coaches included

Quite correct but I think 90% of the Brechin support  ( and 100% of the Cowdenbeath support by all accounts ) would agree with my description . 

I did also offer a possible option of a slight change of tactic. 

3 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Wasn't at the game but saw that Dods made an appearance.  With all the talk about a change in tactics and Caldwell being as much use as a chocolate fireguard,  would it be an option for Dods himself to try a stint up front ? 

Sunnyside shut 5 years ago or I'd ve driven you there ha ha ....The annoying thing about Caldwell is in glimpses he's shown he's got something but his enthusiasm and manner s just not there ... He ll nvr get his desired rise up the leagues with his present attitude though .... We should dump him and bring in a keen decent junior or a youth player who would be committed ... Glad we re not talking about sacking Dods as he s got a decent group of players and 99% of us know our forms down to injuries ... On the other hand I'm not keen on this 5 defenders and hoof it but hey ho it's got us 4th in league .... A realistic and great achievement would be 4th plac....... Gonna be hit with more suspensions I'd guess Troutens can't be far away ...

9 minutes ago, CITY1974 said:

Sunnyside shut 5 years ago or I'd ve driven you there ha ha ....The annoying thing about Caldwell is in glimpses he's shown he's got something but his enthusiasm and manner s just not there ... He ll nvr get his desired rise up the leagues with his present attitude though .... We should dump him and bring in a keen decent junior or a youth player who would be committed ... Glad we re not talking about sacking Dods as he s got a decent group of players and 99% of us know our forms down to injuries ... On the other hand I'm not keen on this 5 defenders and hoof it but hey ho it's got us 4th in league .... A realistic and great achievement would be 4th plac....... Gonna be hit with more suspensions I'd guess Troutens can't be far away ...

Given Dods' rampaging performance against Farfar  last season which saw him up the park more than he was in defence , it might not be the crazy idea you suggest !  

Trout out for Livingston game I think. Booked again yesterday

That was desperately poor yesterday. Yes we still have a lot of key players out injured/suspended but my word that was dire. Don't think the Albion keeper had a proper save to make and quite worryingly it was much the same against Peterhead too.

Was very much a patched up defence and Caldwell didn't offer anything upfront again. However in midfield we had Graham, Trouten, Love and Watt...all very good players at this level so no excuses for the performance yesterday.

We desperately need Jacko back and by the sounds of it, it won't be anytime soon.

Think they all need a boot up the arse tbh can't seem to draw never mind win. Nothing in these defeats tell me they can't get back to winning ways with 4/5 1st choice out. Couple of harder games coming up,so here's hoping they get their fingers out

7 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Wasn't at the game but saw that Dods made an appearance.  With all the talk about a change in tactics and Caldwell being as much use as a chocolate fireguard,  would it be an option for Dods himself to try a stint up front ? 

When Dods brought himself on, we thought that he was going to do just that, play up front. It seemed a strange tactical decision, chasing a goal, to bring on another defender.

10 minutes ago, RedintheBed said:

Dods went into defence to release Fusco into midfield. It also meant Dods was available to come upfield for corners and long throw ins. Made perfect sense to me!

Fusco's didn't improve your midfield and Dods was no attacking threat.

12 minutes ago, RedintheBed said:

At least he tried something different. Didn't work this time, but it was a "bold" move.

Fair enough. I guess, like us, your bench was thin on resources. As others have said, you badly miss Jackson.

Archived