Unfulfilled fixture

last man standing

Been recently cited by the ayrshire afa for an unfulfilled fixture , morning after the scotland england game where it had been pissin down all nyt , the club secretary went down at 8:30 for pitch inspection as if game was postponed he'd let away club know early , as it was thought pitch was soaking and unplayable , so he txt ref , match secretary and away club secretary that game was off , got reply from away team and match secretary that he would take his word for it after the weather the nyt before , the ref is now saying he never received txt and turned up at normal time and pitch was playable , we now being citied for unfulfilled fixture and are at risk of being thrown out 1/4 final of cup , i think this is unreasonable but anyone know if theres an appeal system or anything ??? https://vimeo.com/198393580

What the League are doing is perfectly within the rules, did you not text the ref and ask him to reply to confirm he had received the text.

If the pitch is private I would get the grounds person to write a letter stating the pitch was unplayable at 8.30am.[ no association can argue with that]

If its a council park get a letter to confirm it was unplayable at the stated time.

I would go to the meeting and apologise for the referee having a wasted journey and offer to pay his fee.

and stick to you side of the story that the pitch was unplayable in your opinion at 8.30am the time of your inspection, and as the club official in charge you made the decision to call the game off.

The ref, I guess was in attendance about 1pm and that's the time he said the pitch was playable you can not argue with that however you carried out the inspection much earlier....good luck 

Yes you have the right of appeal of any decision taken by any amateur association.

Interesting that u care to even mention that it was the day after England v Scotland. Maybe that was the real reason, you have no authority to call a game off, only ref council or grounds man ( if private ) are able to , hopefully you do not get thrown out the cup but sounds like the committee are 100% right to cite you

Archived