2017 Boxing Prediction League

Super_A

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Oleksandr said:

It's not that he's not a big enough name, just that his opponent is that shite that he should definitely stop him. Obviously Foreman is shite too but Lara has less chance of stopping him. May as well include it though 

I've not taken the time to read the rules about how the scoring works tbh but if one of the Dirrells is fighting then we should be including it imo, Anthony isn't nearly as big a hitter as Andre but 154 is looking like it could be a good division.

2 minutes ago, Kool Keith said:

I've not taken the time to read the rules about how the scoring works tbh but if one of the Dirrells is fighting then we should be including it imo, Anthony isn't nearly as big a hitter as Andre but 154 is looking like it could be a good division.

Its at 168 and Anthony is a bigger puncher than Andre.

FFS that's quite embarrassing I've been out since 11am with mates and mistaken the Dirrell sisters for the Charlos. Classic casual fan statement. My point still stands though, they both get mentioned a lot in their division so they should be included.

I'm feeling pretty rough today so only skimmed through the rules so @Super_A let me know if I haven't done this right.  Thought it would be good if we all posted our picks rather than pming tbh.

Friday 13th

Erislandy Lara vs Yuri Foreman - WBA Light Middleweight Title - I think very highly of Lara and the fact that he's a Friday night fighter this weekend with an overmatched opponent should be the incentive he needs to do more than what he thinks is just enough to win a fight ( so go for the KO and not leave it to the judges) but I'm not sure that he will so Lara UD

Anthony Dirrell vs Norbert Nemesapati - Dirrell KO/TKO

Saturday 14th

James Degale vs Badou Jack - WBC & IBF Super Middleweight Titles - Degale UD

Jose Pedraza vs Gervonta Davis - IBF Super Featherweight Title - Very difficult pick and I'm surprised this fight has been made tbh. Davis is exciting and very powerful at 130 but I'm going to be consistent with what I've said in the past about boxing and because he lunges too much imo and Pedraza will box more on the night I'm going with Pedraza UD.

Ievgen Khytrov vs Immanuwel Aleem - Khytrov KO/TKO

It's just a bit of fun and it'll be good to raise some discussion about boxing.  I genuinely don't care how accurate my predictions are, due to the nature of the sport it's very difficult to predict as one single punch can change the whole fight, it's part of what I like about the sport.  I'm certain that somebody coming in with no knowledge of the sport and guessing every fight through boxrec will do at least equally as well as people that watch 7 or 8 fights each weekend.

16 minutes ago, Oleksandr said:

I'm gonna look like I'm copying you now Keith you've put the same 5 down I was thinking of, Pedraza fight the one I can't decide on yet

Maybe we should do it by pm after all.  I thought that making our pics public would be good way to raise a bit of discussion but if the majority think it's better to do it privately then we can go with that.

Yeah, the Pedraza fight is a very tough pick.  Massive step up for Davis, I'm surprised it's happened tbh, but an early KO win for him would be no surprise.

1 minute ago, Kool Keith said:

Maybe we should do it by pm after all.  I thought that making our pics public would be good raise a bit of discussion but if the majority think it's better to do it privately then we can go with that.

Yeah, the Pedraza fight is a very tough pick.  Massive step up for Davis, I'm surprised it's happened tbh, but an early KO win for him would be no surprise.

Can't decide if Mayweather rates him that highly that he's happy to stick him in a fight like this or if he cba building him so just wants to see what happens when he sticks him in with Pedraza. Davis and Floyd seem to have fallen out though Davis saying that he's promoting Chris Brown more than a world title fight.

I know what you mean but one thing about Mayweather is that he likes to make money so I can't see him letting Davis go if he thinks he can go on to KO big names at 130.  He's nowhere near cashing out level just now so it's a strange match up.  Mayweather is a pretty shit promoter though so it could be that he's just making a big mistake.

Next Fights:

Friday 13th

Erislandy Lara vs Yuri Foreman - WBA Light Middleweight Title 

Lara on points.

Anthony Dirrell vs Norbert Nemesapati

Dirrell by stoppage.

Saturday 14th

James Degale vs Badou Jack - WBC & IBF Super Middleweight Titles

De Gale on points.

Jose Pedraza vs Gervonta Davis - IBF Super Featherweight Title

Pedraza on points.

Ievgen Khytrov vs Immanuwel Aleem

Khytrov by stoppage.

PM is easier for me because i might miss them if they're only posted in here unless i'm tagged in the post like Keith did. I might edit the rules to say this. Posting them here here after they've been sent is fine though. I'll post mine in here so I there's no accusations of cheating 

Here's mine @Super_A

Friday 13th

Erislandy Lara vs Yuri Foreman - WBA Light Middleweight Title 

Lara decision.

Anthony Dirrell vs Norbert Nemesapati

Dirrell knock out.

Saturday 14th

James Degale vs Badou Jack - WBC & IBF Super Middleweight Titles

De Gale decision.

Jose Pedraza vs Gervonta Davis - IBF Super Featherweight Title

Pedraza knock out.

Ievgen Khytrov vs Immanuwel Aleem