2017 Boxing Prediction League

Super_A

Right this is the first (possibly?) Annual P&B Boxing Prediction League, a good way to sort the true hardcore from the filthy casuals. The League will run from now until Midnight on the 31st of December.

Rules 
⦁    Reasonably competitive fights only. So if there's only a Matchroom show on we could be struggling.

⦁    I'll try and have at least 3 fights to pick.

⦁    Points will be 5 for Correct Method of Victory, 2 for Correct Fighter picked and 0 for and incorrect pick. (eg. last week if you picked Corrales by Decision over Uchiyama you would get 5 points, If you picked him by stoppage you would get 2 points and 0 points if you took Uchiyama)

⦁    To keep it reasonably simple make your prediction as fighter by Decision or Stoppage. Decision covers any Unanimous, Majority, Split or Techinical Decision. Stoppage covers any KO, TKO, Retirement or DQ win.

⦁    The Judges Decision is final, even if its a blatant robbery. The official result is the one we go with.

⦁    Either PM me your picks or tag me in a post with them, if you do't there's no guarantee i'll see them. Posting them in here after they've been sent is fine. Picks need to be in before the first fight starts. If the fights are over multiple days then you can send them separate if you like.

As was suggested in the other thread we can have discussions about which fights will be added in the week before the fights. If anyone has any suggestions for points or anything else the fire away.

I'll keep this post updated with the latest results, next fights and the leaderboard.

Latest Results:

Ogawa beat Farmer SD

Vargas beat Smith TD

Roman beat Salido TKO9

Lomachenko beat Rigondeaux Retired 6

Next Fights:

Tarmo Kink - 431

Super_A - 423

J_Stewart - 392

pittsburghphil - 377

Northern Jambo - 367

Boostin Kev - 360

Fraser Fyvie - 339

The Chlamydia Kid - 272

gkneil - 110

sjc - 107

Christophe - 94

Oleksandr - 47

Kiddy - 30

Neilly - 25

jakew4 - 10

210516 - 7

Bambino7 - 7

Disco30 - 7

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, pittsburgh phil said:

What about points scored if you correctly predict a draw?

This can be discussed if people want to include Draws, I've seen a few leagues that don't. If they're included then it'll be 5 points.

23 minutes ago, Oleksandr said:

Also I presume judges say is final? Seen prediction leagues before get messy when there's a clear robbery and folk have picked the other way

Yeah i meant to add this one to the rules, Judges say is final.

1 minute ago, Marshmallo said:

Dirrell is the same odds as Lara.

There's a chance Lara could shitfest a points decision though, if Dirrell doesn't KO Nesmespati i'd be massively shocked but if enough people want it added i'll add it.

Archived