The P+B WWE Fantasy Draft

forameus

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GLORIOUS  \o/

The celebrations for my victory are considerably diminished by how boring Randy Orton is to watch. One of my least favourite wrestlers these days, but he was a safe pick for the draft as Vince clearly loves him so much. I got lucky with Samoa Joe as he hadn't even been called up from NXT when I drafted him. 

The key to victory seemed to be getting 2 decent scorers and an otherwise almost completely inactive roster. Maybe better to have smaller rosters for the next time so we don't end up with wrestlers you'd rather not draft? 

1 minute ago, SamuraiJock said:

GLORIOUS  \o/

The celebrations for my victory are considerably diminished by how boring Randy Orton is to watch. One of my least favourite wrestlers these days, but he was a safe pick for the draft as Vince clearly loves him so much. I got lucky with Samoa Joe as he hadn't even been called up from NXT when I drafted him. 

The key to victory seemed to be getting 2 decent scorers and an otherwise almost completely inactive roster. Maybe better to have smaller rosters for the next time so we don't end up with wrestlers you'd rather not draft? 

Perhaps.  Not sure how we'd reduce the rosters though.  Guess we could completely disregard NXT, but if we reduce the main roster we could well knock out someone that ends up scoring highly because they suddenly start appearing after the draft.  I guess that with the way WWE do things, the bolded part is always going to be true.  I might actually look later to see how many wrestlers were considered active over these 3 months from that roster, in that they're actually scoring points.  Seems like the same ones having matches.

Me too. Would be up for another go.

Like others say, allow picks from NXT but they will only score points on the main roster so it's a bit of gamble of they get called up. So just wipe NXT point scoring altogether.

Also maybe better just to get everyone to PM you their order list in advance to avoid a 3 week draft.

Well done on running it though. Was decent. Iv ran one of these before on here so I know what a ball ache point scoring is

The list would probably be the easiest, at least for the first round.  Quite a few people did provide them, but not quite enough on the list itself meaning that once you got into the 2nd and 3rd rounds, a lot of them were already exhausted.

I could provide the entire roster I'll be using for the scoring, then if people ranked those in order, we'd be guaranteed to have enough in there to be able to do a few rounds.  Maybe that's the easiest?

• 11 months later...

Well it's almost been a year, so why don't we get this one fired up again?

Happy to run it again, although we'll probably need to work out a better way of doing the draft to save it from taking weeks to do again.  Probably have everyone provided an ordered list and then I'll draft from that based on order.

So, who is in?  Will start once we've got a decent number, but it'll probably be a few weeks after WM by the time we start counting points.

Archived