Liam Buchanan

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/7/2017 at 18:14, GordieBoy80 said:

Possibly a wee bit unfair.  Was never really a first choice striker being behind Kirk and Clarke when we won the league and then Kirk and Barrowman in the SPL.  Seemed to do a decent job for us when he did get a run in the team though.  Mostly remember him for missing several good chances even though he scored when we lost 3-1 to Morton (the game of the horrific Smith/Higgins/Keddie defending) 

Oh he wasn't disastrous or a waste of space like some I could think of - just wasn't quite the handful he was for Cowden then Partick. 

• 4 weeks later...
17 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

22 goals for the season with 16 games still to play. 17 league goals and has scored 5 in our last 5 league games, what a player.

Only needs 3 to beat Iain Russell's record of most goals in a season for Livi, would imagine he'll smash that.

Still a terrific player. Got to confess I was underwhelmed when we first signed him at alloa but he was absolutely fantastic for us in 2014-15. A front man that is equally comfortable in a midfield role. A great player and a  top professional 

Still a terrific player. Got to confess I was underwhelmed when we first signed him at alloa but he was absolutely fantastic for us in 2014-15. A front man that is equally comfortable in a midfield role. A great player and a  top professional 

Agreed. I still think he's a bit underrated. His scoring record for Alloa in the Championship should have seen a top 6 Championship team come in for him IMO.

Just now, printer said:

Agreed. I still think he's a bit underrated. His scoring record for Alloa in the Championship should have seen a top 6 Championship team come in for him IMO.

Really glad they didn't.:)

Didn't get as many goals with us last season as he did with Alloa, he scored 12 in the league and 1 in the play offs with Stranraer, but that was more down to big White being in our team too and Hopkin chopping and changing our forwards all the time so neither of them got as many games as they should've. Reckon he'd score 15+ goals in the Championship next season if we manage to keep him.

Just now, printer said:

Yeah, I'd expect so.

Maybe even more if we go up with you. emoji34.pngemoji6.png

I hope Alloa come up too then.;)

I have more confidence of Alloa going up through the ply offs than Livi anyway, after being relegated through the play offs I have no confidence in us at all, we really need to win the league to go up.

Archived