Queens Park v. Airdrie 7th Jan 2017

2 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

I can remember wearing a similar pair in 1966 for my school team and being a Diamond fan had a failed attempt at changing the white stripes to red. Mucky parks and red Blaize almost did the trick. Hope it is a good game on Saturday despite the surfeit of modern footwear. Is it still 2 quid for concessions and four for a pie?

You were privileged having red blaise. In Glasgow it was black ash, liberally strewn with broken glass. The blood from your knees would have coloured your boots nicely. 

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Diamond Oracle said:

I'd go:

IMG_1483628310.109150.jpg

Hampden is a cracking big pitch and we've had success in the wide areas in our previous two visits.

Therefore I'd go with pace out wide. Brown, despite being an utter shitebag, has been good going forward the last couple of weeks so I'd stick with him. And Louden has looked really lively in his last couple of cameo appearances so I'd give him an opportunity to get at the full backs.

I'd drop Boateng, who looks low on confidence having had a nuke on Saturday, and Russell who for me has been anonymous for most of the season.

Maybe bring on McKay after 60 mins or so to see how he gets on.

Switch Russell for Louden, and Boateng for McIntosh, and that will be the team. If Stewart's not fit then McIntosh in for him 

18 hours ago, an86 said:

Good to see the club taking advantage of the SPL winter break by doing absolutely nothing to publicise the game. No senior games in Glasgow presents an ideal opportunity to drop the prices/pay what you can etc. and invite people in to help mark the start of an historic year for the club. We had over 2000 in for the Clyde game with a similar initiative a couple of years ago. I emailed the club with the suggestion and didn't even receive the courtesy of a reply, which came as no great surprise. A real missed opportunity to get more people through the gate, but if the club can't be bothered putting the work in to promote ourselves, particularly this year, then what chance have we got?

Not surprising.  The club are only interested in fans if they're either telling them off or asking for money.

Last week this time there was a prospect of us jumping up to fourth. This week, if we lose, there's a prospect of us sliding down to seventh. I suspect it'll be snakes and ladders for most of the season now. Hope that Fotheringham and Millen are back in. Need to spark it up again. It's a good time to get Airdrieonians but their defensive worries are cancelled out by our attacking worries. the team that wants it the most will win tomorrow. Aside of the inevitable bounce-back speech the players should be fired up given our earlier near misses against the Diamonds this season.

Good luck lads. Be all you can be.

3 hours ago, Chester Desmond said:

Not surprising.  The club are only interested in fans if they're either telling them off or asking for money.

Yes, as we saw from the utterly bizarre blog from the President a couple of months ago, in which he decided to bring up an absolute nothing incident from over two years ago.

We're a small club and you'd expect to receive some sort of response for coming forward with an idea even if it's a "Thanks for your input, but..." I know it's extremely difficult to operate a club at this level, but it shouldn't be difficult to get basic communication right. For example, the number of players who vanish into thin air without their departure being announced. It's not a major thing, but it's something that the fans want to know.

16 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

You were privileged having red blaise. In Glasgow it was black ash, liberally strewn with broken glass. The blood from your knees would have coloured your boots nicely. 

North Lanarkshire was always a bit friendlier on the surface in those days, tho who knew what was below it? The early days of mouldmasters as succession to the leather ball with the central laces, to be avoided when heading!  Pampered modern footballers indeed.

1 hour ago, DestroyedByMadness said:

My team for tomorrow;

Rohan

McIntosh Conroy Gorman

Stewart Hutton Leitch McDonald

Brown

Ryan and McKay

Mine, but set up a bit different:

Ferguson

Stewart      McIntosh     Gorman      McDonald

Hutton

Leitch         Conroy        Brown

Ryan          McKay

1 hour ago, Pesadilla said:

Mine, but set up a bit different:

Ferguson

Stewart      McIntosh     Gorman      McDonald

Hutton

Leitch         Conroy        Brown

Ryan          McKay

Play brown in behind front 2 and id compromise?

I know it's extremely difficult to operate a club at this level, but it shouldn't be difficult to get basic communication right. For example, the number of players who vanish into thin air without their departure being announced. It's not a major thing, but it's something that the fans want to know.

totally agree Joe Bradley falls into that category presumably no longer at the club but seems beyond the club to thank him for his efforts and keep fans in the loop? Also zanatta updates not exactly prolific?!

Just now, The clean living guy said:

Hopefully today will suit us as our  blundering defence shouldn't be under that much pressure.

3 nil Airdrie. 

Did QP not score 2 against Livingstone away, and beat them at Hampden which means they are capable of 'pressuring" many other teams? I do hope mind you, that you are a successful optimist, and that Ryan etc keep their defence under pressure.

1 hour ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Did QP not score 2 against Livingstone away, and beat them at Hampden which means they are capable of 'pressuring" many other teams? I do hope mind you, that you are a successful optimist, and that Ryan etc keep their defence under pressure.

Never been much of an optimist. Too much clean living has maybe gone to my head. 

That ref :thumbsdown

Big Boateng :unsure2:

The Airdrie goalie trying to kick the ball :lol:

Every Queen's player :thumsup2:thumsup2

Handbags at the end :P

For me that was an unexpected win but thoroughly deserved. Every man jack in the QP side put in a tremendous shift and we got through a sticky patch early in the second half when Airdrie were on top and Queen's just couldn't get a hold of the ball. In the end it could have been more than 2-1. Superb performance from the team.

Archived