Namedropping thread

5 hours ago, Brother Blades said:

Nice pint with Kevin Spacey, turns out he's a v.dece guy.
Kevin Bridges also a down to earth chap.

Worked with Bridges brother a long time back. Also a fairly sound chap.

Worked with Bridges brother a long time back. Also a fairly sound chap.

He stayed across the road from my sister (Kevin, not his brother) also in the same street are Greg Hemphill & Miss Hoolie & next door to my sister is Navid, Sanjeev Kohli. Quite the street of comedians- my sister is a boring c**t that couldn't tell a joke to save her life.

Aye, he was at some theatre thing in Glasgow, met him in the Hillhead Book club, not sure if that's still open? Also had a few beers with Peter Mullen in a pub in Gibson st last December, really nice guy also & a wee bit shy till he had a few- still remained nice after a few pints tho.

May have mentioned it before in this thread but I met Procul Harem in Atlanta airport & Ray Reardon had a piss in the next urinal to me when I was 7, at Pontins holiday camp.

ETA- I asked Peter if he was in T2, he replied no, as the mother superior was dead..... I argued that swanny had moved to Thailand. He's probably right but I've not checked, so, Schrodinger and all that....

2 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

Aye, he was at some theatre thing in Glasgow, met him in the Hillhead Book club, not sure if that's still open? Also had a few beers with Peter Mullen in a pub in Gibson st last December, really nice guy also & a wee bit shy till he had a few- still remained nice after a few pints tho.
May have mentioned it before in this thread but I met Procul Harem in Atlanta airport & Ray Reardon had a piss in the next urinal to me when I was 7, at Pontins holiday camp.

I'm surprised you don't get invited to The Oscars.

I pissed on Griff Rhys Jones's leg just before he went on stage. He got really nervous before a show and for some reason  did last moment rehearsals in the bogs. I was in full 5 pint stream when he shouted out a line and I span around in a panic. Black trousers though, so no drama.

20 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

He stayed across the road from my sister (Kevin, not his brother) also in the same street are Greg Hemphill & Miss Hoolie & next door to my sister is Navid, Sanjeev Kohli. Quite the street of comedians- my sister is a boring c**t that couldn't tell a joke to save her life.

Bridges now lives round the corner from me.  He seems a decent sort, and will say hello if he's out and about.

I can't see going for a pint with Keyser Söze being beaten tbh.

...even though putting those two dots above the letter o is the correct way to spell it, I can't feel it is as pretentious as a football commentator saying Fronck Ribery or Barthelona.

Come to think of it I've loads of these, worked in theatre for a few years. Muttered to Barry Manilow "Nice tux" as I passed him on the stairs nervously getting ready for Copabacana, and he gave me a hug. Ok though, he wasn't gay then. Top boi, the management said the crew weren't invited to the first night party so he said he wasn't going if we weren't. Think it was the one at the Cafe de Paris on Regent Street, got so arseholed fell asleep on a sofa and got woken up by a TV crew asking what I thought of the show. I asked where I was and was it a bus station. Worked 36 hours solid before is my excuse.

Going on holiday to fuerteventura tomorrow. The wife suggested earlier in the week that I take the kids to the soft play (which she hates) so that she could do all the packing in peace. When I got back I took our youngest for a haircut. She is currently stomping about raging because she's "done all the packing without any help" and "she's only one person." 

f**k up. 

7 minutes ago, madwullie said:

Going on holiday to fuerteventura tomorrow. The wife suggested earlier in the week that I take the kids to the soft play (which she hates) so that she could do all the packing in peace. When I got back I took our youngest for a haircut. She is currently stomping about raging because she's "done all the packing without any help" and "she's only one person." 

f**k up. 

Is your wife famous? Getting in the papers for being killed by you doesn't count.