Rovers v Falkirk

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If only we could beat Dunfermline this season :whistle

Just concentrate on doing both Fife teams a favour and try to beat the chemical brothers.
Pars will win at Ayr. Getting interesting.

Looks like we could be struggling in defence (again), as both M'Voto and Craig Barr are doubts for this one. Would mean Davidson and Benedictus at centre back with no cover on the bench. M'Voto missing would also ruin Locke's clever master plan of hurling every set-piece at him. 

Matthews also a doubt which is a shame as I feel we need a change in the middle of the park.

I wouldn't say there's much from a Rovers perspective about really disliking Falkirk in saying that I do know a mate of mine who says he dislikes Falkirk more than Dunfermline, make of that what you will. The 'we hate all things Fife' from Falkirk fans I've more associated towards Dunfermline but no doubt a few folk maybe carry that over to us as well. The crowds speak for themselves, not really huge numbers travelling to eachothers grounds for games in recent times. It's not really got that blood and snotters feeling to it that we had many years ago. I've always been intrigued as to what a Dunfermline v Falkirk game is like what with the obvious dislike for one another. I do miss our tussles at Brockville though, albeit we usually always got beat but seen a couple of victories there. Was a great ground imo, a death trap at the away end mind you but just one of those classic grounds that I liked visiting. 

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Falkirk to unveil a plethora of new signings who will immediately settle in by scudding Raith Scumvers (doing it right Piracy??)

Scumth Scumvers, surely - try and keep that characteristic alliteration.

I think its always different when the two clubs are actually competing for something. In the past when the two clubs were fighting for the league things were perhaps a bit more heated. Now with the two of us lingering in mid table mediocrity its far more difficult to get yourself up for a game .

14 hours ago, baillieinleeds said:

Why do Falkirk hate us. Or is it just Fifers in general. I always loved these games. Unfortunately we've been on the end of some doings.

Always called Raith the cuddly fifers, years gone by had good drink sessions in various bars close to the ground and laughs with locals, never the case in Dunfermline.

Never a happy hunting ground for us, many a time witness a humping/easy home win. I lasted 15 mins one game, came in late and was 2 or 3 down at half time, I didn't see half time as I was enroute back to the pub, nearly missing bus home too.

Tight nervy affair beckons with very few goals 

Yeah just drew with Scumkirk and should have beaten them and just handed Rovers their arse on a plate.
You are both on the edge of freefall on the pitch.

No you shouldn't have. You will lose at Ayr

1 hour ago, Senor Bairn said:

They were ALL over us man, don't u remember?????

Never seen such a footballing side

I actually felt Dunfermline looked more likely to beat us than Hibs or Utd in our recent defeat to those 2.

51 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

I actually felt Dunfermline looked more likely to beat us than Hibs or Utd in our recent defeat to those 2.

We were utter, utter shite at EEP and it still took a seriously dodgy penalty for them to get a draw.

They are rotten.

These games are Dunfermline's eqivelant of a Scottish Cup Final tbf, you'd expect them to seriously raise their game

Our games against Hibs and United have been very even but it's our inconsistency in other matches that has plagued us this season 

The last time we played at Starks kick-started a decent run of wins I think, which carried through until Raith came to TFS and won - hopefully we can start something similar tomorrow 

Archived