Rovers v Falkirk

Right, let's try and move on from yesterday's dreadful result against The Pars.

Falkirk next up at Starks. Will it be another home defeat to Falkirk or can we recapture the form that saw us win 4-2 at their place?

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Despite defeat we need to build on Saturdays performance against Hibs. Dont expect another defensive mare like the last Raith game so I reckon we will stop the rot here.

Fingers crossed.

Wish I was as hopeful as yourself. Can see us going into a bit of free fall to be honest.

Assuming Locke sticks with the tried and tested formula of McManus and Skacel up top to start, then we create f**k all, and lose a goal - he'll throw on a couple of subs, including the newly signed Stevenson and we'll lose all shape and cohesion, while lumping floaty long balls at Stevenson's head, lose another goal, full time.

2 goals in 10½ hours play from us so all you'll need is a single goal and the game's won. Callachan and Thompson will be our central midfield pairing with Skacel and McManus up front. A blind man and his dug could see that those 4 players are the reason we're such a boring and predictable side. 

On the plus side we'll have Benedictus back after suspension but in all probability M'Voto will be out after being injured against Dunfermline.  

I'm a long standing season ticket holder but I might not bother going. Just can't be arsed any more.

We've scored 20 goals in 18 games. 50% of those came in three games (Dumbarton and St Mirren at home and Falkirk away). We have 10 goals in our other 15 games. I don't rate McManus but it's not even like we're missing chances, we're creating very little.

A point each, and none of us have to bother with this regretful business. Agreed?

No. we need a victory. I'm fucking sick of draws.

Sadly it's January and we appear to be stuck in our usual winter slump. The boo boys can't be far away from making an appearance.

No chance will I manage to muster up enough motivation to make the journey through to Kirkcaldy. It'll be the usual p!sh from Houston with 3 shots on target and if we are lucky one of those will go in. 

I'd like us to go with:-

----------------Rogers

Kidd--Muirhead--Grant--Gallacher

-------------Taiwo--Kerr

Craigen---Sibbald---Hippolyte

---------McHugh/Miller

With the emphasis of the front 4 players all attacking and giving Sibbs a free role to find space between the midfield and striker. Taiwo to protect the back line and Kerr to be the link between defence and attack. We played something similar against Ayr United away which I think worked very well. I'm not Craigen's biggest fan but rate him better than Shep - we desperately need a right midfielder.

9 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

No chance will I manage to muster up enough motivation to make the journey through to Kirkcaldy. It'll be the usual p!sh from Houston with 3 shots on target and if we are lucky one of those will go in. 

That should do it those tactics are miles ahead of ours at the moment, you might as well come along and celebrate the win

Might just gouge my eyes out in the safety of my own home rather than going to this shite.

On the plus side, looking forward to seeing Colin Cameron back in the Rovers midfield.

3 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Raith should be commended for their ticket prices but I'm not getting three trains each way to watch Scott Shepherd.

I'd take a point, whoever finishes fourth will get there by default so it might as well be us.

Three from Glasgow? Queen Street to Haymarket, Haymarket to Kirkcaldy, no?

Three from Glasgow? Queen Street to Haymarket, Haymarket to Kirkcaldy, no?

To be fair, I can see his point at least, i'm struggling to muster up the motivation to travel 3 miles each way never mind 3 trains.. and the game won't cost me anything on the day as I'm a season ticket holder.

Archived