Peterhead v Livingston

Dunno about not needing him, De Vita had as much impact as Carrick over December in getting us wins, with Millar joining us though it's getting a bit congested with attacking midfielders.

I suggested Crighton at RB earlier in the season but was told he hasn't the legs to play there, from what Andy said, he looked fine at RB. Hopkin has a history of sticking players in positions that just don't suit them though, he kept putting White on the wing last season just so he could have Buchanan, Mullen and White all playing, seems he's going to do the same again this season so he doesn't have to drop Lithgow or Crighton, and accommodate Millar, Pittman, De Vita in midfield too.. He did it in the last game with Cqrrick, Mullen and Buchanan starting.  Playing all your best players together at the same time doesn't usually work when the shape/balance of the team are out of sorts.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One things for sure, yesterday we had one of the strongest benches I've seen us have at Livi in a long long time. 

Longridge, Neill both defensive cover, Mullin, Cadden, Knox, midfielder cover and Carrick to come on attacking wise. 

Me ach of those players could easily come on and change a game and have no detriment to the quality of the first team. 

Id expect Morgyn Neill and Jordon Sinclair to leave during this window, Neill is probably 6th choice defender now and Sinclair is probably 7th choice midfielder, if a good offer comes in for Knox then it would be hard to turn it down also, but even then we would still be very strong. 

I'd like to see Neill out on loan to be brought to first team next season because even after one appearance, I can't see Gallagher with us next season. I'd like to see us punt Lithgow and go with Halkett and Neill at CB next season. Sinclair, despite showing great awareness in pre season hasn't had a sniff which is a shame but probably best to let him leave to get first team football at this stage in his career.

I'd like to hear what's happening goalkeeper wise too. Kelly's loan deal is up as of yesterday and no sign of an extention mentioned yet. We'll need 2 goalkeepers in this window as I don't know if we have another youth keeper as backup. I saw Robbie Thompson was released by Hamilton. He might be worth an ask if he's struggling to find a new club.

13 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:

I'd like to see Neill out on loan to be brought to first team next season because even after one appearance, I can't see Gallagher with us next season. I'd like to see us punt Lithgow and go with Halkett and Neill at CB next season. Sinclair, despite showing great awareness in pre season hasn't had a sniff which is a shame but probably best to let him leave to get first team football at this stage in his career.

I'd like to hear what's happening goalkeeper wise too. Kelly's loan deal is up as of yesterday and no sign of an extention mentioned yet. We'll need 2 goalkeepers in this window as I don't know if we have another youth keeper as backup. I saw Robbie Thompson was released by Hamilton. He might be worth an ask if he's struggling to find a new club.

Please god no, if we are to start Neill as our first choice centre back next season we'd be as well not bothering going up at all (if we do get promoted, long way to go)

I honestly don't rate him, and id suggest neither does Hoppy as there has been games this season that we've had injuries at the back and he's still not brought him into the side. I can't believe so many Livi fans where desperate to see him getting games, this is the same player that was a total bombscare in the championship when he played last season.

I don't see it being an impossibility of keeping Gallagher beyond this season, there will Ofcourse be a few teams looking at him but you just never know, if we could get him and Halkett tied down that would undoubtedly be our CB pairing.

Kelly very much likely to stay with us at least until the end of the season, all parties are happy for that to happen so if be very surprised if something wasn't announced at some point this week, we also have Maley as back up.

Edited to say Robbie Thompson signed for Falkirk last week I'm sure

Can only remember Neill having one bad gae for us as CB against ICT in a cup game, where he cost us a goal, and the game, with an attempt at heading the ball back to our keeper that got intercepted by a Caley player, who then scored the goal that turned the game. He's had the odd sub appearance here and there and even put in at LB & RB, so hasn't really had a fair go to judge him either way. Still a young player too and would learn a lot playing alongside Gallagher.

Perhaps I'm being unfair on the lad but I just don't rate him, I'm never comfortable when he's in the side either.

Imo it would benefit both player and club if he moved on and got himself more game time elsewhere, he's been here two seasons now and had very limited game time, there is nothing to suggest that will change for the rest of the season or next. 

Please god no, if we are to start Neill as our first choice centre back next season we'd be as well not bothering going up at all (if we do get promoted, long way to go)
I honestly don't rate him, and id suggest neither does Hoppy as there has been games this season that we've had injuries at the back and he's still not brought him into the side. I can't believe so many Livi fans where desperate to see him getting games, this is the same player that was a total bombscare in the championship when he played last season.
I don't see it being an impossibility of keeping Gallagher beyond this season, there will Ofcourse be a few teams looking at him but you just never know, if we could get him and Halkett tied down that would undoubtedly be our CB pairing.
Kelly very much likely to stay with us at least until the end of the season, all parties are happy for that to happen so if be very surprised if something wasn't announced at some point this week, we also have Maley as back up.
Edited to say Robbie Thompson signed for Falkirk last week I'm sure

Most of the games Neill started last season was also with Darren Cole as his centre back partner. I wonder who cost us more goals?
Players can improve and I think Neill is one of those who given the chance would give everything to stay in the team.

I'm another who doesn't rate Neill. I already had my doubts before the first play off game against Stranraer. His bombscare performance that day confirmed it for me. He'd be best to move on and if he's better than I think he is he'd get more of a chance to show it than at Livi.

I don't think Neill has been given enough of a run to be able to assess his true potential. He has good physical attributes and is still very young for a CB. Maybe not worth the risk this season, but I think he could develop into a useful player. 

3 hours ago, andylivi1 said:

Perhaps I'm being unfair on the lad but I just don't rate him, I'm never comfortable when he's in the side either.

Imo it would benefit both player and club if he moved on and got himself more game time elsewhere, he's been here two seasons now and had very limited game time, there is nothing to suggest that will change for the rest of the season or next. 

Headless chicken comes to mind any time I see him play 

I'm actually surprised that people rate Neill every time he plays I'm not relaxed his passing isn't great and always seems nervy and his performance against Stranraer in the first play-off game was eye gougingly bad.

Gary Miller was given a hard time by Livi fans (I never rated him either) but went on to be a decent player for Ross County, Scott Boyd wasn't even given a chance at Livi and was a great player for County as a CB. I just think Neill is too young to be written off without being given a proper chance at Livi.

There may be a chance to play him in a couple of games at the end of the season to see how he does, would depend how we're sitting after our next 12 games.

4 hours ago, andylivi1 said:

Will there be highlights for this game ? 

There usually are. Never actually checked to see if the camera guy was there or not but will probably be available on Tuesday if they were. On PFC webpage or Bluetoontv on Youtube.

6 hours ago, blueone said:

There usually are. Never actually checked to see if the camera guy was there or not but will probably be available on Tuesday if they were. On PFC webpage or Bluetoontv on Youtube.

There was a cameraman in the stand opposite the main stand 

Archived