Top of the League Hibernian v Play off hopefuls Dundee Utd

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just as well.  You wouldn't feel at home amongst such a large number of football supporters.

Come to think of it, the last time I was in the company of such a large number of fans was in 2014 at the Scottish Cup Final. Thank you for reminding me of that great day.

It just goes to show that fans are there when there's something to play for. For a Saturday that's a decent turnout never mind a Friday night. The sooner Sevco and Celtic pish aff to the Antarctic League the better

Absolutely agree with this. Fans will turn out where games are competitive and where the chance of winning actually means something.

Crowds in the top tier are dreadful because the league is dead. Aberdeen, hearts and rangers are desperately trying to pretend that their games have meaning just to get fans to attend. Meanwhile the rest are getting gates of 3k whilst attempting to avoid relegation.

If we lose Glasgow's bum cheeks we would suddenly have one of the tightest leagues in europe - the crowds would turn out.

What would the daily record write about though...

Sent from my LG-D855 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

1 hour ago, GraemePaynesSocks said:

Absolutely agree with this. Fans will turn out where games are competitive and where the chance of winning actually means something.

Crowds in the top tier are dreadful because the league is dead. Aberdeen, hearts and rangers are desperately trying to pretend that their games have meaning just to get fans to attend. Meanwhile the rest are getting gates of 3k whilst attempting to avoid relegation.

If we lose Glasgow's bum cheeks we would suddenly have one of the tightest leagues in europe - the crowds would turn out.

What would the daily record write about though...

Sent from my LG-D855 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

What Model laptop Cathro uses?

2 hours ago, Dominique Malonga said:

I'd fill the corners in personally.

Should be a cracking atmosphere with it being a Friday night game. Full credit to Utd as well, cracking numbers. We've got some Green Brigade lads coming through as well so the atmosphere will be decent on our end.

Meeting some Green Brigade boiz uptown pre-match for a few pints. 

Until we buy the land of Lochend, fill in the sides and add several more tiers: Easter Road will never be fit for purpose. I think the sensible option would be to demolish the South and turn Arthur's Seat into safe-standing. In the meantime, let those of us lucky enough to watch Hibernian in the flesh give credit to the Greens as they pound the Tangerines. Thank You.

I predict Easter Road & Arthur's Seat to erupt as Martin Boyle's thirty-metre thunderb*****d condemns Dundee Hibernian to dormancy and their title challenge to extinction.

eta: Any update on Marciano? I think he is essential in goal; the backup keepers don't look comfortable at all. Although the defence were terrible for Falkirk's goal in our last game, Laidlaw should have made a simple save. I would like to see Humphrey & Boyle on the wings from the start; we needed some support for Gray & Stevenson out wide and it has become even more apparent with the absence of our best midfielders.

Cummings

Humphrey Boyle

Martin Commons McGeouch

Stevenson Hanlon McGregor Gray

Marciano

A Christmas tree on display in January: the Hibernian way. I'd rather we let players like McGeouch & Bartley recover fully, but I don't think we have a balanced side without them at the moment; we could have Fontaine/Forster at the back instead, but that may also be a bit of a concern.

2 hours ago, Mon Dieu said:

Until we buy the land of Lochend, fill in the sides and add several more tiers: Easter Road will never be fit for purpose. I think the sensible option would be to demolish the South and turn Arthur's Seat into safe-standing.

In the meantime, let those of us lucky enough to watch Hibernian in the flesh give credit to the Greens as they pound the Tangerines. Thank You.

I predict Easter Road & Arthur's Seat to erupt as Martin Boyle's thirty-metre thunderb*****d condemns Dundee Hibernian to dormancy and their title challenge to extinction.

A Boyler thunderb*****d would indeed induce tumescence.

Archived