PS1

Dindeleux

Inspired by the comments through the best game thread I've been feeling pretty nostalgic and have started looking into buying a PlayStation, mostly for the catalogue of amazing games that came out on this console. You can pick a PS1 up online for about £40 with numerous games on offer.

Really just a thread for people to discuss the original PlayStation and the games available for it. A PS1 is a console that everyone of about 25 and above had and I would guess it brought all the Sega and Nintendo console owners together.

Here's a few screenshots of job lots of games I've found on eBay - hopefully the picture quality lets you zoom in and see the titles.

5065dc492ca1497174e71c542da11c5f.jpg

66129ae7f510aa770c97d2fec3d4896a.jpg7ecfe71232cc2c23e866d30aa872116b.jpg

0122613dd447cad0534220c8cbb495d7.jpg

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only caveat i would add is that nostalgia is just that, and some things are better left to memory. Computer games usually fall into that category.

You can emulate a PS1 fairly easily these days. Id maybe give that a go before buying a three generations old console and 100 games.

• 4 months later...

People say that but you can beat both games without too much hassle in 35 hours each.

Honestly I like the PSX final fantasies but no one in their right mind is playing them start to finish in the year 2017.

On 2016-12-31 at 21:08, Dindeleux said:

Inspired by the comments through the best game thread I've been feeling pretty nostalgic and have started looking into buying a PlayStation, mostly for the catalogue of amazing games that came out on this console. You can pick a PS1 up online for about £40 with numerous games on offer.

Really just a thread for people to discuss the original PlayStation and the games available for it. A PS1 is a console that everyone of about 25 and above had and I would guess it brought all the Sega and Nintendo console owners together.

Here's a few screenshots of job lots of games I've found on eBay - hopefully the picture quality lets you zoom in and see the titles.

5065dc492ca1497174e71c542da11c5f.jpg

66129ae7f510aa770c97d2fec3d4896a.jpg7ecfe71232cc2c23e866d30aa872116b.jpg

0122613dd447cad0534220c8cbb495d7.jpg

Did you ever follow this up and buy a ps1?

19 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

No not as yet, had a baby instead. Starting to get a bit bored of her now though so might still pick one up.

Let me know if you decide you want one. I've got one with a shed load of games that I'd part company with. Gonna start getting rid of most of my consoles as they never really get used now.

Let me know if you decide you want one. I've got one with a shed load of games that I'd part company with. Gonna start getting rid of most of my consoles as they never really get used now.

If you can PM me a picture of the games and a rough price I'll come back to you. Would need to sneak it into the house though because my missus will kill me if I spend anymore money on computer related stuff.

Just to clarify, not a picture of individual games just if you have them on a shelf or something so I can zoom into the picture and see the games to avoid you having to list them all.

3 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

Just to clarify, not a picture of individual games just if you have them on a shelf or something so I can zoom into the picture and see the games to avoid you having to list them all.

Will do, it's all packed away, I'll get a pic sorted over weekend mate. 

• 3 weeks later...

So I bought the PS1 and numerous games from CLANCY2KTID and it's been brilliant so far reliving all the old games, certainly more easily playable than the Mega Drive was.

Tekken 3, GTA, Pro Ev, Gran Turismo and Crash Bandicoot are all as good as you probably remember them but the clear winner so far has to be Die Hard Trilogy. It's incredible.

One of the best things so far has been high scores, especially on Die Hard. Really gives you a reason to have another go.

Me and my mate played for about 10 hours yesterday and had a great time.

41 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

So I bought the PS1 and numerous games from CLANCY2KTID and it's been brilliant so far reliving all the old games, certainly more easily playable than the Mega Drive was.

Tekken 3, GTA, Pro Ev, Gran Turismo and Crash Bandicoot are all as good as you probably remember them but the clear winner so far has to be Die Hard Trilogy. It's incredible.

One of the best things so far has been high scores, especially on Die Hard. Really gives you a reason to have another go.

Me and my mate played for about 10 hours yesterday and had a great time.

How the hell did you manage to swing 10 hours gaming?  :o

On 5/23/2017 at 13:38, Ramagamma said:

People say that but you can beat both games without too much hassle in 35 hours each.

Honestly I like the PSX final fantasies but no one in their right mind is playing them start to finish in the year 2017.

Apart from the umpteen tens of thousands of people that do.

Archived