Min Silence

Sounds like it was generally well observed and this was one of the few minutes silences that are relevant as it was for fans that didn't come home from a game. There are far too many now though in my first 25 years supporting Falkirk I can only remember about 3 of these and were mostly to do with employees of the club or people with long associations with the club. In the last 5 years there have been shit loads.  It takes a special kind of idiot to ruin a minutes silence and any capable adult regardless of their feelings would stay quiet for a minute but the minutes silence itself has now turned into an event with people observing that for any breaches.

19 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Seen a post on Twitter that the guy in the Celtic end who shouted "Hope yeeez aw die!!!" was pointed out and ejected.

Doubt it though.

That shout came from the enclosure in the main stand from a home supporter, it was all going well till, about 40 seconds in some fuckwit about 5 or 6 rows in front of me shouted 'Bobby Sands' he was quickly told to shut it by those around him then some equally braindead moron in the Rangers section responded with the 'I hope you die' shout. I dont know about anyone getting papped out, I never saw anything like that if it did happen.

Sadly two fucking scumbags just cant help themselves and tar all of us with the cretin brush

4 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Call me a cynic, but I wonder if this silence would have been arranged if the opposition hadn't been Celtic?  Serious question - is this something that Rangers do every year?

Well, up until the last few years, the fixture on or near the anniversary was always against Celtic.

Given the scale of what happened, it's entirely appropriate that it's marked in this way.  Nobody would think anything untoward of, say, Bradford doing similar.

It's part of Scotland's sickness, that this most natural marker of human tragedy becomes so loaded.

On 31/12/2016 at 15:41, 8MileBU said:

Seen a post on Twitter that the guy in the Celtic end who shouted "Hope yeeez aw die!!!" was pointed out and ejected.

Doubt it though.

Highly doubt it as that shout never came from the Celtic end.

A few couldn't keep their mouth shut . But over all it was well respected . Rangers have been doing this every year and last season Dumbarton held one as we were playing them on the second of January . 

We done one against Celtic the game where samaras scored a double and the next day I went to the memorial service at ibrox where the corner between the Copland and govan stand was open as I believe it happened to be the 40th anniversary . There was a mixture of Rangers and Celtic scarves in the crowd that day and one of my Celtic supporting friends even joined a few of us in attendance that day . So I am not going to waste my time getting involved in some useless tit for tat and will choose to focus on the good c***s on both sides 

r.i.p to the 66 

Archived